Who's Joe?

Sitting at the top of the stairs, my eyes watched Ryan as he cleaned the house, getting ready for guests.

Why does he have to have people over? Once I mess with them... they'll never be over here again! Take that, Ryan! Haha!

As similar thoughts ran around my brain, there was a knock at the door. My head bobbed up to see who it was. Ryan jumped up and excitedly opened the door.

"Pete! Brendon! Come in!" He said, excitement present in his tone. I quietly walked closer to them, examining the two boys standing in front of me.

"Wow, this place is nice!" The lighter haired boy exclaimed, but shivered almost immediately after, "But it's really cold."

"Yeah, I know, I think the heater's broken or something. It's either freezing or it's fine." Ryan shrugged, leading the boys into the living room.

"Oh my god, is that an Ouija board?" The same boy asked.

"It appears so, why, are you scared, Brendon?" The darker haired boy asked.

"N-no, why would I be scared!? These things aren't even real, right!?" He nervously laughed.

"Of course they're not, it's just a silly board game for teenage girls to play at sleepovers. Why is this out, anyways?"

"Uh, well, I was thinking maybe we could play. You see, I know it's crazy but, I think this house is haunted." Ryan explained.

"Haunted!?" The two boys said, Brendon with a nervous tone as Pete took a, "that's ridiculous" sort of tone.

"Y-yeah, weird things keep happening like-"

"Okay, okay, we'll play! No need for the silly back story!" Said Pete, while Brendon looked nervous as hell.

Ryan set up the board, turned out the lights, and lit candles at the corners for a spooky feel.

"Really?" Pete questioned as Ryan lit each of the candles.

"What? It makes the game all the more fun when you add the extra effects!"

Pete rolled his eyes. All three boys each sat at a different side of the board, leaving an open spot, where I sat across from Ryan. The planchette sat in the middle of the board as three pairs of fingers rested around the pendant. He makes it way too easy to mess with him, I swear...

"Okay, three, two, one." They moved the planchette in a circular motion three times around the board, he once again, spoke to the ceiling, "Are there any spirits here?" It's my time to shine...

My fingers fell over the small open spot of the planchette, sending shivers to each boy. My fingers pushed the little wood piece to "yes". Immediately, Brendon whimpered.

"Guys, I don't know about this." He panicked, almost bringing his fingers away.

"No! You can't bail, we just started!" Ryan cried.

"Yeah Brendon, don't be a pussy!"

"You're not helping," Ryan said harshly to Pete, then turned back to Brendon, "Come on Brendon, we need you! Why don't we get some food after this? I'll buy." This seemed to cheer his friend up.

"Okay fine, but if you find me dead in the street with no way of telling how it happened, it's on your hands!"

"Alright," Ryan turned back to the board, "What's your name?" He asked the sky above. This is too easy!

My fingers moved the planchette over to "f" "i" "n" "d" "j" "o" "e".

"Joe?" He looked to the boys, "Who's Joe?" I held everything in so I wouldn't burst out laughing, the planchette moved over "j" "o" "e" "m" "a" "m" "a".

Almost immediately Pete burst out laughing, while Brendon screamed in terror, and Ryan looked as if he had just been defeated.

"Nice one, Ryan, really got me!" Pete laughed.

"That... that wasn't me..."

"Oh, bullshit! What, you're gonna blame it on a ghost? Yeah, right."

"But, it wasn't me! I swear!" Ryan cried, totally serious.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Now, I believe someone promised free food." Pete glanced at Ryan, with a smirk.

"Oh right," He turned toward Brendon who was shaking really bad, his cheeks turned pale, "Are you okay?"

"Wh-who? Me? I'm fine! I'm fine... totally fine..." He nervously laughed. Man, I really got him...

"Come on, I think once you eat you'll be feeling better. Where do you wanna go?" Ryan and Pete stood up and helped their petrified friend to the door.

"Taco Bell, please..."

Brendon was shaking even worse when he stood up. In less than a few minutes, all three of them were out the door, and out of my sight. I turned to the little kitten staring at me from the upstairs banister.

"What? I was just having some fun," The kitten meowed back to me.

"It wasn't even that bad! It's their fault they got the board, anyways! I couldn't just stand there! They practically said "yes I would love a ghost to mess with me" that's exactly why people buy those things," I sat on the couch as the kitten came down the stairs and sat in my lap, "Aww, good kitten."

After a few more empty conversations with the little orange creature, she lept off my lap, walking around a little. I followed. She sat in front of the door, eyes on me.

"What?" She meowed, I petted her.

Soon after, I heard a car pull up. I went invisible, but Birthday wouldn't stop meowing at me.

"Quit it! I'll get caught!" I whisper yelled. I revealed my hand, petting her one more time, but as soon as my hand hit her fur, the door opened. Ryan spotted my hand, a split second before it disappeared.

"What the fuck!?" His eyes went wide as his hands tugged his hair, dropping his Taco Bell bag. Shit...

Luckily, it was only Ryan and the other two had gone home.

"I-I saw that! I-" He rushed over, closing the door behind him, "I'm not crazy. I'm not crazy!" He turned to the kitten, "You saw that, right girl?" The kitten meowed. Wow, really helping your case by talking to a cat...

"Spirit! Where are you? Who are you?" Silence wafted through the room, "I'm not crazy, I'm not crazy..." Yeah, keep telling yourself that, bud...

OwO-
Hi guys!!! Sorry for the long hiatus, I've been grounded :( but I'm back now! New chapters for all my on going stories will be out throughout the rest of the week, starting with this one! This chapter was requested by AROACTJOMA they wanted me to post for Visitant first, so here it is! I hope you all enjoyed it, first chapter back! Have a wonderful day~peace out cheesebags (I really missed writting the sign off)