crushcrushcrush

Ryan's pov

In the morning, Y/n hadn't disappeared. She lay asleep, in my arms. She was cold as ice, but I couldn't care less. My thumb, brushed against her arm as I watched over her. My side of the small full bed was up against the wall, so the only way for me to get up was to wait for her to awake. But I didn't mind, until my phone buzzed on the night stand.

"Y/n?" I whispered, no response, "Y/n? Wake up, darling."

"Hmmm?" Her eyes fluttered open, she stared at me for a moment, then, her eyes went wide, "Oh wow, I shouldn't be here! Why are your arms around me!?" She began to panic.

"Why are you panicking? It's okay. I let you sleep in my bed last night, do you remember?" She looked at me for a moment.

"I rather wouldn't talk about last night." With the blink of an eye, she was gone. The bed moved before soft footsteps made their way out my bedroom door, and down the stairs. My phone buzzed again, I snatched it off the table.

Pete: Come over right now!!

Me: Okay, I'll be there in twenty

I got up and got ready to go see Pete. Throughout the short drive over, I couldn't help but think of last night. She was in tears... all day she was... I feel so bad...

"Ryan!" Pete called as I got out of my car, "Get inside right now! I have to show you something!"

"Alright, alright!" We walked in, the tv played the news, but it was paused.

"You have to watch this!" We sat down as he pressed play. The reporter began speaking about the people killed, causes, and things like that. Pete paused it again when it showed the faces, "Look!"

"What?" I looked to him confused.

"Don't you see it!? The people killed! Don't they all look like a certain someone we know?" I looked closer, he was right. Each girl looked disturbingly similar to Y/n.

"What the fuck? That's so weird! That's so gross!"

"That's not all! Look at the deaths, too! All the bodies were found in some form of a bathtub, all had their wrists slit."

"What about that one? She died in a hot tub during a party, from alcohol poisoning."

"That's one out of what? Seven deaths?"

"Dying in a hot tub with my friends. Now that'd be an interesting way to go." Pete and I turned around to see Brendon with a chip bag in his hands.

"How did you get in here?" Pete asked.

"You left the front door open, and I didn't have anything else to do today." He explained, taking a seat.

"Whatever, but yeah, isn't that weird? I really don't think it was a suicide." Pete said.

"Yeah, it's really weird. She said the day she died is really hazy. She can only remember bits and pieces, but nothing exact. She died a few years ago, yesterday."

"She isn't on the news report. Maybe it was a suicide, she could be an outlier." Brendon chimed.

"I don't know, I think she died in like, 2002? 2003? It was something like that. I only got a glimpse before she shut the laptop on me."

"She woulda been the first, then. Maybe she's the one that started it! What if, he killed her, and then I dunno he uhhh..." Pete brain stormed for a moment, "He went crazy and did the same thing to a bunch of similar girls?"

"Well, if they were a couple then he probably loved her. He's probably trying to look for her in someone else. Y'know?"

"I think you might actually be onto something, Bren." I said, his words sinking in. Then he asked something I rather wouldn't answer.

"Are you two like, dating? Or something?"

"No... well, I don't really know..."

"What do you mean you, don't know? You either are or you aren't." Pete stated.

"It's complicated."

"But, you do like her? Don't you?"

"No... maybe," I began to think of her, "She's really pretty, and she's so cool. Last night she slept in my bed with me. She does that sometimes. But, I don't think she likes me back."

"Why not?" Pete asked.

"Well, every time I try to kiss her, she disappears before I can. She also said, I shouldn't be with a ghost and that I should be going out with girls that are alive. But I really like her."

"Have you tried telling her?"

"Kind of? I dunno, I just said I didn't care if she was a ghost. I should probably go, actually. Lemme know if you find anything else. I'll see you guys later." I waved.

"See ya."

"Tell Y/n I say hi."

"Will do, Bren." I drove home, thinking of her, once again.

"Y/n! I'm home!" I called. Instantly, the room became cold as she revealed herself.

"Where did you go?" She asked.

"Pete's," I simply answered.

"Mmm," She stepped close to me, eyes on the ground, hands behind her back, "I missed you."

"You did?" My face felt warm at the sound of this.

"Yeah..." She looked up at me. Before I could say another word, her cold arms held me close as her head rested on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" She's never given me a hug! What's happening!?

"Yeah, I've been thinking about you a lot." She said into my shoulder. Her body was ice cold, mine began to shiver, but I didn't want to let go. She then realized what was happening and pulled away.

"I'm so sorry! You're just, so warm."

"It's okay, I don't mind." I smiled at her, she smiled down at the floor.

"How's Pete?"

"Oh, uh, he's fine. Oh yeah, Brendon says hi."

"That's nice. I'd like to see them again." Birthday wandered over, walking between Y/n and I. She sat between us and meowed for attention.

"I'm sorry, about last night, about yesterday." She spoke softly as she pet the kitten.

"Don't apologize for that. I really don't mind that much. I actually really like it when you sleep in my bed." She giggled.

"Well, look forward to more nights like that then."

"You can just sleep in my bed with me if you want. You don't have to, if you don't wanna. But, you don't have to ask or anything. You can just do it. If you don't want to I don't mind though." I spoke fast.

"I'd like that."

"Really!?" I asked, surprised, but happy.

"Yeah, it'll be a nice change from the closet."

"Cool..." She smiled.

"You're cute." She kissed my cheek, and disappeared into the air. Standing there like an idiot, my hand held my cheek. She called me cute! And kissed my cheek! Wow...

OwO-
Hi guys! I like, really love writing for this story. I think it's one of my favorites. I probably update it more often than my other stories, whoops. Stay safe, stay home, and don't steal toilet paper and sell it on the black market PLEASE. Have a superb day~peace out cheesebags