If You Loved Me, YouWouldn't Have Killed Me

Your pov

The sound of a buzzing phone awoke me. The sun shined through the little bedroom, lighting it up in that soft, misty way after a rainstorm. The boy with his arms around me shifted around, the phone buzzed once more.

Clearly annoyed, he reached for the little device, typed on it for a few minutes, then set it back down. He snuggled back up to me, taking a relaxing sigh. My fingers lovingly twisted around his hair.

I wanted to say something to my new found love, but no words came to mind. He sweetly kissed the side of my head. Tingles ran down my spine like little ants running across the skin, only in a good way.

"I didn't wake you, did I?" He finally spoke.

"No, only the phone did." My voice, groggy and tired.

"Sorry, Pete was texting me. He's gonna come over later. I guess I probably should've asked first."

"Why? I'm not your mom. Besides, I like Pete and Brendon. Your friends are funny." I said, honestly.

"Cool, well, I'm hungry. Let's make some breakfast." He climbed out of bed, threw on a shirt, and pants from the floor. I got up, buttoning the shirt I already had on. It was long enough to cover past my thighs so it was all I wore.

"Your hair is a mess," I giggled, as he took my hand.

"Oh and whose fault is that?" He sarcastically asked as we went down the stairs.

"Are you accusing me? I didn't do anything!" I giggled, "Besides, it looks cute."

"You look cute."

"Awww! How sweet!" The voice of a man I no longer knew rang through the living room. At the bottom of the stairs, we stopped dead.

"Dallon..." I held Ryan's hand tight, he did the same to mine, "How did you..."

"Do what? Get here? Find you? So many unanswered questions..." His blueberry eyes never leaving mine, "I'll only answer one. I'm here because, well it turns out I couldn't get over you, sweetheart. Congrats, you quite literally stole my heart away." He smirked.

"Now, kitten, there's no need to be scared. Come back to me." He held his arms out, wanting nothing more than a hug. Slowly, I stepped towards him.

"Y/n..." I let go of Ryan's hand as I got closer.

"That's it kitten, come to me..." He smirked sickly, the one he wore when something bad was going to happen, and he was in control.

As soon as his distinct cologne wafted through to me; everything was clear. A long forgotten memory stuck out, flashing through my brain. I stood half way between Ryan and Dallon, eyes on my ex-lover. As I realized what actually happened that day, anger took over.

"You did this to me!?" Instead of blowing up, like I expected, I only fell to my knees, "You're the killer."

"What? Kitten, no, I didn't... I didn't kill you! I would never, I love you way too much. You know that. It was a suicide..." He sat on his knees in front of me.

"Then explain to me why you didn't help me that day. Explain to me why you just stood there! Why you were the one holding the knife, not me." I looked to him, for some sort of answer to the questions we already knew the answers to.

"I didn't do it!" He cried, clearly lying to me, "Kitty, believe me. You know I wouldn't do that." He walked to me, taking my hand.

"Go away..."

"What?"

"Go away!" There it is... the anger I've been looking for...

"But I love you." I looked him, dead in the eyes.