There's a Serial Killer in Town, and I Think he's After your Girlfriend

Ryan's pov

"Baby, I don't care. I can't keep doing this." I kept her hands in mine.

"Yes you can. You should be with someone alive someone that actually has to breathe and eat and do everyday human things. I know you care about me, but I'm dead. You shouldn't care." She pulled away.

"Why not? Why is it so bad that I be with a ghost? You're the one that I want."

"You don't get it!" She cried.

"I don't think you're the one who gets it. Y/n, ever since I met you I haven't been able to keep you out of my mind. I just wanna be by your side. I-" I took her hands again, "I'm in lo-" But she stopped me.

"Don't say it! Please, don't say it!" She began to cry.

"I'm... I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-" I tried to comfort her.

"Get out!"

"What?"

"Get out of my house!" She sobbed. I did as she said, but only sat in my car. I'm such an idiot! Why did I say that!? I shouldn't have said that... I'm going to Pete's...

I started the car and drove over, keeping down tears. Once there, Pete opened the door. Brendon was already there, stealing his food, and drinking his drinks.

"Hey Ryan, what's goin' on?" Pete asked as we sat in the living room.

"I messed up," I grabbed a throw pillow, hugging onto it, desperately hiding the tears, "I... I told her how I felt. She doesn't like me like that."

"Oh Ryan, I'm so sorry," Pete sent a sorrowful look my way, "What did you say to her?"

"Well first, we... we kissed. Then she started to freak, and I accidentally-" I corrected myself, "Almost told her that I loved her. I mean, I do. I just... didn't want to tell her like that." I explained.

"Are you gonna be alright?"

"I dunno, she kicked me out. I mean, I understand why she's mad. She wants me to be with someone alive, y'know. But I don't want to be with anyone else, Pete, I don't." I cried.

"Did she want you to kiss her?" Brendon asked.

"It was implied."

"What exactly happened?" He asked.

"Well, this morning we were downstairs and I spun her around, to face me. I held her close to me. I leaned in for a kiss, but stopped midway; cause usually she disappears before I can. But she didn't. She asked if I was gonna kiss her, I told her she's usually gone by now. She said, 'maybe I won't disappear this time' and I kissed her." I explained.

"And then? What happened afterwards?" Brendon asked, now invested in the story.

"She told me she couldn't do it. She said I need to be with someone who's alive. We had a little fight, and I accidentally, almost, told her that I loved her, then, she kicked me out," More tears spilled as the memories replayed over and over again, "I think she hates me now..."

"Dude! You gotta fix this! You said she won't be with you cause she's dead, right!?" I nodded, "What if we found a way, to bring her back."

"Oh man, I thought you were gonna murder me or something," I chuckled, "That might actually work! Brendon, you're a genius. But I think we should talk to her about it first, do we even know how to?"

Pete was already clicking away at his laptop.

"I found something!" Brendon and I crowded around our friend, "Oh man, this doesn't look very safe."