Chapter 6

"Please tell me we don't have to run any further because I seriously don't think I can go any farther than where I'm standing right now." Cera slowly came to a stop and bent over, hands on her knees. Trying to catch her breath she stood and linked her hands behind her head, concentrating on steadying her breathing.

     Brae walked up behind Cera and put his hands on her shoulders, "We don't, we'll wait here. Put your arms down."

     Cera let her arms fall and closed her eyes as Brae rubbed her shoulders. She could feel an energy burst flowing through her. Opening her eyes, she leaned back against Brae and grabbed onto his arm as he placed it around her shoulders. She laced her fingers through the fingers of his free hand and leaned into the kiss he placed on the side of her head.

     "Where will we go?"

     Brosmavia.

     Cera's whole body tensed as she looked around for Obram or his men when Brae spoke to her silently.

     Everything's alright. Remember, someone is always listening, and I just want to be safe. The story is that there is a place that Brosmavia discovered long ago, a hidden village of sorts. Crina was the first to really listen to the story from Trill. I guess you could say that it's somewhat like the valley in Amarundia. There are similar places in Fenlumaria and Persipria as well. The only difference is that these places are abandoned, and no one has ever tried to resettle within them.

     Cera smiled, Why? Are they haunted?

     What do you mean by haunted?

     Cera smiled, she could see his expression without even looking at him, Ghosts? Spirits? The dead lurking about to make sure no one intrudes on their home?

     Brae chuckled, I'm guessing that's something in your world? Brae felt Cera nod her head, No, nothing like that. Supposedly it was a quiet shelter for the people that lived there, but as time passed the people left or grew old and died. Being her land, I would think that Brosmavia has kept watch on it like Amarundia does the valley.

     Cera nodded, Do you think there are any other portals in these places?

     I don't think so. In all the stories told, I've never heard of any of the other dragon's mention feeling anything like Amarundia had when she passed over the valley when they first arrived. I wonder if these places were what Trill had in mind when she asked my parents to run or if she was thinking ahead to the future when she told Crina about them.

     Cera turned and looked up at Brae, Even if she had an ulterior motive, your family never needed those places.

     Brae frowned and placed his hands back on her shoulders, How so?

     Your land, all of Amarundia, and the dragons have kept your secret since before you were born; before you were even a thought in your parent's minds. Maybe those places were kept secret in case your family needed them, but I think they're a last resort.

     Brae narrowed his eyes, "What's that?"

     Cera turned and looked around in all directions, "What?"

     "Before I walked into the courtyard, I thought that I heard running. I thought it was you, but I convinced myself that it wasn't because of what I had been shown in Obram's message. You know the rest, but now I hear it again. Running."

     Cera backed away from Brae and turned to watch from all directions, "Close your eyes."

     "That's not going to happen. I'm not closing my eyes right now. If I'm hearing someone running, then who is it?"