Chapter 14

Not too long after Rayen sat back down with Crina, Brae and Cera walked through Trill's door laughing and holding hands as they stopped in front of the fire. Cera bent down and let her hair fall in front of her, close to the warmth of the fire, shaking her hair back and forth while running her fingers through it. Brae just stared down at her, smiling, only turning when he heard Rayen clear his throat.

     He turned and looked at his sister who had her eyebrows raised to what seemed like the middle of her forehead while Rayen sat there making faces and trying not to look directly at him. Tarn looked at Rayen wondering what was wrong with him while Great Mother and Trill looked at Brae knowingly.

     Brae cleared his throat as Cera stood up and placed her hair back in the messy knot Brae had seen before she walked into the pool. For a moment, Brae's mind wanted to focus on that memory, but he shook his head and pushed it back for later. He looked down at her and made a face that let her know everyone was staring at them. Cera looked over at everyone and felt her blush rise. Brae took her hand and color rose in his cheeks. Touching one of his cheeks he turned and looked down at Cera, tilting his head and then rubbing his forehead. Brae smiled as he let go of Cera's hand and moved in front of her to hide her from all the eyes staring at them.

     Alright, they don't know what we were doing. Rayen is not the type to go around telling people what he walked in on.

     Cera took a calming breath, We weren't gone that long were we?

     Brae shrugged his shoulders and his smile widened, I wasn't paying attention to the time. He looked over his shoulder at Cera, I was extremely distracted.

     Cera giggled and then cleared her throat to cover it up, This is ridiculous, we're adults. We're in love and we were alone and after everything...

     Brae cut her off, We are in love. Maybe that's why?

     Cera knew he was talking about their feelings being entwined. As Brae turned and they stepped toward the table where everyone sat, she noticed Great Mother's eyes had narrowed.

     "You two have bonded."

     Commotion burst through the room. Rayen's eyes widened, "I didn't say a word, Brae. I swear it. I just sat down. I haven't said a word until now."

     "Ah man!" Tarn covered his ears and started humming monotonously.

     Crina immediately started laughing and tugging on Rayen's arm, "Now I know why you're making that face. Honey, you didn't have to say anything because it's written all over your face that you saw something you really shouldn't have."

     Trill spoke along with everyone, "I understand, Cera was lost and has returned yet again, but under the circumstances, the timing for this should have been better planned."

     Brae looked over at Trill and frowned, "You don't plan that, Trill. And the timing couldn't have been better. With everything we were feeling..."

     Cera opened her mouth but didn't say anything. She watched Brae turn to her before he finished his sentence, You do know you just told everyone what we were doing, right?

     Brae pushed his lips together, I did. I..., he smiled and let out a breathless laugh, I wasn't really thinking when I said that. I was just reacting to what she said. She's wrong.

     Great Mother raised her voice above everyone else's, "I am not talking about them copulating, even though that is the main factor for the bond and quite obvious I might add."