Chapter 1: Potion For Hobi

Let the chaos begin~

//////////////////////////////////////////

"Okay, just breathe Namjoon, breathe."

Walking through the hallway and trying to stay unnoticed, Namjoon was feeling more anxious than he had ever felt before. He had only slipped out of the common room after curfew once before, but that had been without him knowing it was forbidden. This time though, there was no other option.

Hoseok needed him.

Soon enough he found the set of stairs he had been searching for, but a soft curse escaped his lips when they began to move as soon as he stepped on the first step.
"I don't have time for this!" He hissed under his breath.

He knew he was going to get in trouble for this. There were ghosts in this castle you couldn't trust and who knew if someone like Zachary was waiting for him in the shadows? This wasn't the first time he had been ratted out by someone, so he was already prepared...

...which made him even more anxious. Knowing what was about to come would usually reassure someone, but not Namjoon and certainly not in this case.

After the stairs stopped moving, Namjoon looked around quickly to make out where he had appeared and to his surprise, he wasn't too far from his goal.
The classroom which was often used for Potions or in cases of extreme weather when the greenhouses weren't available, Herbology, was Namjoon's end goal. It would be very easy and very quick (according to Yoongi) and he would be back in no time.

Namjoon had wished they hadn't chosen him for this task. He had to find a few ingredients for a potion they were going to make. Sounded easy, but...

You see, since Autumn started, Hoseok had started feeling sick. He had been coughing for a few weeks now and three days ago he was suddenly burning up and unable to get out of bed.

That was of course the time Namjoon had decided they needed to heal their friend. For that, a certain healing potion was needed and to make the said potion, ingredients were needed that they wouldn't be able to find themselves; so they had to borrow some from the school.

Yeah, borrow, Namjoon thought. If we're using Yoongi's words.

It was the perfect plan presented by Yoongi that convinced everyone to join; Jin would be on the lookout while four of them ran across the hallways to the Hufflepuff common room, already having the greatest excuses in the back of his mind were anyone to see him.
There, at the entrance to the common room, Taehyung would be welcoming them and they would make sure all the other Hufflepuffs were asleep - which they usually were around 3 am.
Jin would stay on the lookout, Yoongi would take care of Hoseok (he insisted this would be his job) and Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook would be responsible for the actual potion-making.

Namjoon had picked the shortest straw.

He was supposed to get all the ingredients from the classroom to the Hufflepuff common room, resulting in him being the one most likely to get caught.

Then again, as long as he got the ingredients to Taehyung, Jungkook and Jimin, it didn't matter to Namjoon. They would fix Hoseok with the potion (they had become the best at Potions ever since they started their second year, surprisingly) and a few weeks of detention were totally worth their friend's health.

"Shit, I think it's locked." Namjoon whispered to himself once he stood in front of the classroom and softly tried to open the door. It didn't move.

Namjoon remembered a spell from the Standard Book of Spells that would open doors, but he hadn't practiced it yet and he wasn't even sure if it really did open locks. All he knew was that it 'opened doors' and he was scared that it might go wrong and someone would hear him.

"Come on, Namjoon." He told himself. "There is no other way."
Unless I'd go all karate kid on that door, he strangely thought to himself, his brain surprising him as he pushed that thought to the back of his mind.

"Alright, here goes nothing." He mumbled, taking out his wand and pointing it at the door. "Alohomora."

A soft click was heard and Namjoon almost cheered in joy when the door opened slightly. He quickly hid his wand and opened the door fully, entering the classroom with sneaky steps.

The classroom had walls covered with shelves filled with jars and books and even small cages, containing insects Namjoon wasn't very familiar with. He was looking for only five ingredients, but looking at the shelves he had no idea where to start. It wasn't very common for the first and second years to get their own ingredients during class (because not even a quarter of them knew what the hell all those plants and different powders were, let alone the freaking insects) so Namjoon didn't know what stood where. He also had never paid attention to their professor when they got the ingredients for them, but now he was in this situation he took a quick note that starting from the next classes he should pay attention to it.

He looked at the list in his hands and grimaced at the first word:

Fluxweed

Where on earth was he going to find that? He knew it wasn't something they used in potions often, since it didn't sound like a very common ingredient. They had made multiple potions already, but most of them had consisted of simple ingredients like Asphodel or Unicorn hair.

"I can't give up now, I just got here." Namjoon sighed when he caught himself thinking about walking out of the classroom and taking Hoseok to Madam Pomfrey after all.