Chapter 28: Burning

This might just be the last chapter...

Update: don't worry, I've decided...I'm going to make a third book 

----------------

Hoseok wasn't the only one to notice Taehyung. As soon as he'd pointed out that the boy was, in fact, standing right in front of the castle, most of the students had seen him too.

"That's Taehyung." One voice piped up above the shocked gasps and murmurs.

"Is Taehyung trying to stop that dragon?" another asked in awe, followed by a few amazed voices of the surrounding students.

Then they watched as the blue dragon made its way towards Taehyung, flying straight at him, and it seemed like the boy didn't even flinch. The boys gulped and Hoseok paled when he noticed the size difference between the two. The enormous beast flapped its wings furiously as it landed right in front of Taehyung.

Taehyung patted the dragon's nose with his outstretched hand, the creature no longer letting out deafening roars. It was a strange sight to see and the five boys weren't sure of the situation.

Was Taehyung okay? What exactly was going on? Was he really trying to stop the dragon?

"Is he...persuading the beast?" a hesitant voice carefully questioned.

It was silent for a moment until Zachary laughed in disbelief before glaring at the students.

"No, you're all idiots! Can't you see? He's controlling that beast!" he yelled. "Taehyung's responsible for destroying the castle!"

"N-No, that's not—" Hoseok immediately tried, but his voice was easily drowned out by those of people who agreed with Zachary.

"Zachary's right!"

"He's a traitor! He's using the dragon to destroy our school!"

"He's turned bad I tell ya!"

"Nothing good can come of wizards who talk with creatures like those!"

"I can't believe he's doing this!"

Hoseok looked at his friends nervously as all the students started yelling angrily at how Taehyung was betraying Hogwarts. He watched as Jimin and Jin started shouting back at the students, insisting that their friend would never do this willingly and that he was clearly not in his right mind.

Meanwhile, Taehyung hadn't even noticed them – they were far away from the castle after all. Hoseok gulped as he watched his friend send the dragon off again. It really did look like Taehyung was responsible for the attack. Like he was behind all of this.

"He's not a traitor!!!" Jin yelled.

Jimin was being held back by Namjoon, while Yoongi had a hand on Jin's shoulder, both of them trying to keep the two from jumping at those who accused Taehyung of treason.

Hoseok, however, was watching silently as even more chaos was brought into the situation. He was afraid, for multiple reasons. Not only was he terrified of the dragon, terrified of losing Hogwarts...he was terrified by the idea of losing Taehyung.

He knew that something had to be done and he knew that arguing and fighting with their fellow students wouldn't lead to anything good.

So, even though it was on trembling legs and with shaky hands, he took a few steps forward.

And a few more...and a few more...until he was walking before full on running away from the large group of students.

No-one stopped him, but he didn't know whether it was because they didn't see him in the chaos or because they didn't dare to follow after him.