Chapter 26: Into the Sky

About an hour earlier...

-----

It wasn't the sound of yelling from upstairs that woke him up.

It wasn't even the screaming coming from the dungeons that woke him up.

It was the splitting headache that brought Jungkook back to consciousness.

A groan escaped his lips and he held his head painfully, retrieving his hand to find out he'd been bleeding. He didn't know if he still was, but his head was still hurting.

Where am I...?

The Ravenclaw couldn't remember being brought into this room. A tiny, dark room. Not much light came through the windows, but he figured that was because it was late. Wasn't it?

He was lying on a simple bed in the corner of the room and he wondered if this was actually someone's room. It looked dull, boring, lonely. He couldn't imagine this being the place he'd have to sleep every day.

The first thing Jungkook did was search for his wand, but whoever had brought him here must've taken it, because it was nowhere to be found.

Then, he went for the door, grabbing the doorknob and twisting it in the hopes of finding it unlocked. However, no luck there either.

What else could he do? With a splitting headache at that?

He let out a sigh and looked around the tiny room. His eyes fell on the window again and he walked to stand in front of it. The window had bars on the outside, most likely to keep him from escaping through it. For a moment he wondered if the bars had always been there...

When he looked outside he easily recognized his surroundings. He was undoubtedly inside the Min's mansion. In the distance, he could see nothing but trees past the gates, just as he remembered from last year.

He shuddered. It was anything but fun to be back in this house, let alone as a prisoner.

The eleven-year-old let out a soft sigh as he tried to go over his options. He had no wand, the room was empty except for the bed he woke up on and the wardrobe on the other side, the window was barred, and he was alone with a throbbing headache. Was there anything he could do?

Only now did the screaming from beneath him and the yelling from above reach his confused mind. What was going on here? Had he woken up in the middle of a battle? He sure didn't hope so...

Jungkook went to stand next to the door, ear against it, trying to hear what was going on in the creepy mansion...

///////////////////////

"Why can't you just shut him up?" Hye-eun snapped at her husband. "Shouldn't be too hard, you can even get the house elves to do it for you!"

"It's bothersome to go down there every time." Yoonchul grumbled. "Besides, hasn't the man served his purpose? Can't we just kill him?!"

"Now that's bothersome." Hye-eun sighed. "We'll have to deal with him later then."

However, the two of them were bothered by the screaming for help coming from the dungeons. It was annoying, but most of all it had woken up their special guest a little too early.

"Ugh, he wasn't supposed to wake up for another hour." Yoonchul said, crossing his arms as he looked at the boy who was slowly waking up.

Taehyung lay in the corner of the room with his hands tied behind his back. The screaming sounded strange to his ears and it caused him to stir in his sleep. When he also detected the familiar voices of the Mins, his eyes fluttered open. He gasped, shooting up in shock.