Chapter 12: One Weird Afternoon

Dan was calmly doing some homework while sitting on one of the couches in the Hufflepuff common room. There weren't many people there, because the weather was nice enough today to go outside, but he was behind on a lot of subjects. A lot.

So that's why he was inside with a boring book in his hands, reading it until a familiar voice called out his name.

"Hey Dan, did you hear?" Uzuri asked him as she walked into the common room from the dormitories.

"Hear what?" Dan asked, putting away the book he was reading and looking up at the girl.

"A Griffin was spotted in Edinburgh this afternoon. A Griffin. Can you imagine? These magical creatures are turning to the muggle world now! The magizoologists really should get their shit together. Everything's a mess."

Shaking her head, Uzuri walked away, leaving Dan in surprise for a moment. The magical creatures on the loose were getting more dangerous, it seemed...

He decided to go back to reading, but his calm and peace were disturbed once again when the familiar tapping sound was heard, indicating that someone was coming into the common room. Only, it wasn't just one person.

"Hyung, should we stop him?"

"Nah, I'd like to see his ass whooped."

"Whose? Yoongi-hyung's or Taehyung's?"

"Yes."

"He's not here."

"I can see that. That little shit is probably hiding."

"Yoongi, don't kill him."

"Shut up, I do what I want."

"Don't kill him!!!"

"I'm not actually going to kill him, Jimin, relax."

"I'd like to see your ass whooped, Yoongs."

"Namjoon I will kill you!"

"Yeah, I know you love me, you don't have to shout, jeez."

Dan watched as the six boys walked past him – completely ignoring him – and walking towards the dormitories. He snickered. Taehyung must've pulled a huge prank on them for them to come storming in like that.

He went back to reading his History of Magic book. It was boring, to say the least. That was probably why half of the class was failing the subject.

"AAHHH!!!"

Dan threw his book in the air and fell off the couch when he heard the loud scream. Painfully crawling back up, he wondered what that could've been. Had Yoongi truly killed Taehyung...?

"WHAT ARE YOU- MIN YOONGI WHAT THE BLOODY H- STAY AWAY!"

Okay, so he was alive-

"AHH!"

There was a loud thump and then the screaming stopped. Dan paled. He didn't think something bad would happen, but now he was getting worried about his friend. Yoongi could be scary – everyone at Hogwarts knew that – which was why he didn't dare to go into the dormitories to help Taehyung.

Luckily – if you could call it lucky – he didn't have to. Only seconds later Yoongi walked back into the common room, dragging Taehyung over the floor by his foot.

Dan paled even more when he saw Taehyung's closed eyes.

"Y-Yoongi, you didn't...d-did you?" he stuttered.

"Of course not, idiot. He tried to run. I tripped him. He got knocked out." Yoongi grumbled.

"B-But-"