Chapter 22: The day before...

It's been a while~ hope you enjoy this, even though it's not that exciting~

--------------- 

On Friday - a week later - Hoseok, Namjoon and Jungkook were in their usual hiding place, giving the finishing touches to the truth potion Jungkook had been working on for the past month.

There had been several steps needed for the potion to get great potency. For example, last night the group had had to sneak outside so Jungkook could let the potion absorb the moonlight. Since it had to be a full moon, it was a little dangerous to go outside the castle – with the dark forest nearby and whatnot – so that's why all of them had come along. Taehyung had even made sure his wolf friend Umungol would keep watch.

After absorbing the moonlight, the potion was almost done.

"This is the last ingredient." Jungkook said, reaching for the last bit of powdered moonstone. There was some left from the firsts steps that had to be added at the end.

The maknae sprinkled the powdered moonstone over the potion and stirred if for about a minute before looking up at his hyungs, clapping his hands.

"Done!" he grinned his bunny grin.

Hoseok and Namjoon, who had watched expectantly, grinned as well.

"Woah, you're amazing, Jungkookie." Hoseok said. "You really are something, huh?"

"Does it look alright?" Namjoon asked, curiously glancing at the clear substance in the cauldron. It looked as clear as water.

Jungkook nodded. "I'm sure of it. We did everything the recipe said."

"Now we only have to be sure of the right dose." Namjoon said, thinking back to the time they gave Hoseok too much energizing potion and he ended up darting around the room like a crazy man.

Jungkook blushed at that, still feeling embarrassed about his mistake from that time. "Yeah, I checked it and it says a few drops is enough. We should pour it in a drink for it to have the best effect, but we can also put it in food."

"Both options will be difficult if we're giving it to professor Crawford..." Namjoon mumbled.

"Giving it to Abigail would be easier, wouldn't it?" Hoseok said, agreeing that it would be close to impossible to use the veritaserum on Crawford without being seen.

"Now we only have to make sure one of the other professors is there when we use it on her." Jungkook said, not looking up from his work. He was bottling the potion so they could clean up the cauldron. "Otherwise we'll have no proof of what she told us."

"That will be difficult..." Namjoon muttered, "but we'll find a way."

The three boys finished up and cleaned their hiding spot. It was silent, except for the occasional joke Hoseok cracked.

No sooner were they done and had they walked into the corridor with flasks full of truth potion, than a familiar head popped up in their vision.

Hoseok's smile fell and Jungkook and Namjoon got annoyed looks on their faces.

"Thought I'd find you here." Zachary stated, a satisfied smirk on his face. "A little bird told me that a certain truth potion would be finished today. I'm here to get my share."

"You have a way to ruin the mood." Namjoon sighed, turning to Jungkook. The maknae reluctantly rummaged through his pockets to find the flask of veritaserum he'd reserved for Zachary.

Zachary shrugged and kept that smug grin on his face. He watched as Jungkook retrieved the flask from his pocket and gladly took it from him when he handed it over.