Chapter 5: Where Was Taehyung?

As soon as he opened his eyes, he knew something was off. First of all, he wasn't inside the castle which confused him, but second of all, it was dark. Very dark.

Taehyung had no idea where he was. He seemed to be outside, next to a lake. OH! He thought when he recognized the scenery through the darkness. It was the Black Lake! But where at the black lake was he?

He was lying on the ground, on the small strip of sand near the water. As he got up into a sitting position, he wiped the sand off his clothes and then paled when he saw the marks on his arm. The claw marks on his arm, might I add.

"W-What?" he stuttered softly in confusion. His arm was bleeding and only then the pain really got to him. He hissed, but it was manageable.

"Umungol?" Taehyung called out, thinking he had gone outside to meet up with the wolf perhaps. He couldn't remember how he had gotten there. The last thing he remembered was walking into the Gryffindor common room to ask Jin to buy candy from Hogsmeade.

Clearly something happened. Had he fallen asleep and sleepwalked? Maybe he had been with Umungol and something had happened...but when he felt his head he couldn't find any injuries there. So why did he not remember anything?

He wondered who or what had hurt him. Claw marks like these must've come from an animal, a magical creature perhaps, but Taehyung looked around and saw nothing. No wolf, no strange beasts.

He let out a deep sigh. For now he would just try to find his way back to the castle. Wouldn't be that hard, would it?

Taehyung walked around the lake for a bit, trying to find a spot that he did recognize.

When Taehyung heard a rustling sound coming from behind him, he reacted completely opposed to how you'd think someone would react. His face lit up and he turned around, waiting to see who or what would appear from behind the trees.

"Umungol, is that you?" he called out.

Anyone there would've heard a low growl, but Taehyung heard the wolf's words loud and clear.

"Taehyung. Is the coast clear?"

"Yeah, come on out!" Taehyung grinned, excited to see his friend again.

Umungol appeared from behind the trees and Taehyung ran at the wolf, engulfing it in a big hug. "I've missed you!"

"You saw me three days ago, yet you still missed me?" Umungol chuckled, amused.

"Of course! You're my friend and I always miss my friends after a few days." Taehyung replied, pulling back and showing his boxy grin.

Then, his face fell slightly and confusion was back on his face. He looked up at the wolf with a frown.

"Do you have any idea why I'm here?" he asked.

For a moment, Umungol was silent. Taehyung wondered if his ability to speak with animals suddenly malfunctioned, but that thought was proven wrong when the wolf spoke.

"You don't remember what happened?" Umungol questioned.

Taehyung shook his head fast.

"I'm not sure what happened, but..."

Taehyung tilted his head questioningly. "But what?"

"I was in the forest, but I saw you walking in the direction of this lake. You walked here. With someone."

Taehyung's frown deepened at that. With someone? Where was that someone then? Why had they left him there with a bleeding arm?

"Could you see who it was?"