Chapter 17: Awake

"Taehyung. Wake up."

Taehyung groaned, not liking this person's voice at all. He didn't want to get up! He wanted to sleep!

"Taehyung."

Taehyung whined. "So noisy..."

"Isn't there any spell we could use to wake him up?" a different voice asked.

"I might know something." a third voice snickered.

Spell? Nah, ah, Taehyung was not ready to be jinxed into waking up. His eyes shot open and he sat up straight, bumping heads with someone who was bent over him.

"Oww!!" he whined. "That hurt!"

He rubbed his head and looked to his side, where he saw Yoongi also holding his head in pain. He snickered.

"Shouldn't have tried to jinx me, hyung."

Yoongi raised an eyebrow at him and Taehyung heard a few gasps go through the room he was in. What...room was he in actually?

When he heard the gasps he realized there were more people in the room besides Yoongi and his face turned blank in confusion. Jimin...Jungkook...Hoseok...all of the boys were here, all staring at him.

"Do I have something on my face?" Taehyung asked, touching his cheeks. His drowsy eyes were only half-open.

"You called him hyung!!" Hoseok exclaimed.

Taehyung looked at his fellow Hufflepuff weirdly and chuckled. "Ehm, yeah, he's a year older than us." He said a matter of factly.

"That must mean he has at least part of his memories back." Jungkook said to Jimin, nudging the boy in the side.

"Do you think he remembers our friendship?" Jimin mumbled.

Taehyung's eyes were now fully opened as he curiously tilted his head and looked at Jimin. "I'm right here, Jimin-ah. What do you mean, 'remember'?"

Jimin got teary eyes and a smile on his face, startling Taehyung a little. He was so confused, he had no idea what was going on, but he didn't hesitate to get up from the bed he was in and embrace Jimin in a hug.

"Nooo, Jiminie, don't cry~ everything is alright~."

Namjoon looked at Taehyung, still surprised. "Taehyung-ah, you remember."

Taehyung chuckled, softly pulling away from the hug, but still keeping an arm around Jimin. "Joon, really, what do you guys mean with 'remember'? Did something happen?"

"Okay, so once again he doesn't remember what actually happened." Jungkook sighed, confusing Taehyung even more.

"My brain is going to explode with confusion if you won't explain things." Taehyung chuckled. He looked around the room again. "And where even am I? Why was I asleep?"

"Maybe you should sit down for this." Jimin said, wiping away his tears and softly pushing Taehyung back on the bed. The Slytherin sat down next to him and the other boys sat down on the ground in front of them.

"Do you remember the book?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung was surprised that Jungkook asked about that. "Yeah, of course. You mean the songbook, right?"

"Yeah." Jungkook nodded.

"We went to find out what it was about. What it could do. Do you remember that?" Namjoon asked in addition.

Taehyung thought about it for a moment. His memories did seem a little weird. He remembered talking to a professor about the book...but not who or what they'd said. He tried to think further, tried to remember the last thing he'd done before he'd either fallen asleep or passed out – he still had no idea why he was here – but he paled when he realized.