Chapter 25: The Truth from Abigail

It pained Jimin to be stuck inside the castle. He wanted, just like any of his friends, to find Taehyung and Jungkook. Still, he knew it was the right choice- no, the best choice to stay here.

Because, what if trying to find the two youngest friends ended up getting them in more trouble? And all that, just because they wouldn't trust their teachers?

No, Jimin knew it wouldn't be right for them to head out and track Yoongi's parents' whereabouts. But it hurt him. It hurt him not to be able to do anything.

"Guys, we should do something." Namjoon spoke up, surprisingly voicing Jimin's thoughts.

Jin rolled his eyes and Hoseok looked at him with a pout.

"Like what?" the Hufflepuff mumbled sadly.

Jimin only half-listened.

"Well, anything other than sulking like we are now." Namjoon said, motioning at the sad way the five of them were sitting in the Hufflepuff dormitory. Yoongi and Jimin sat on Taehyung's bed, while Jin took over Hoseok's entire bed and Namjoon and Hoseok sat on the floor opposite of each other, resting their backs against the wooden bed frame.

"What did you expect?" Yoongi huffed. "We're in a shitty situation right now. Of course we're not dancing around the school happily poofing fireworks all over the bloody castle."

Namjoon was about to respond to that, but Hoseok stopped him, shaking his head. Namjoon sighed softly, because he knew Yoongi was extra annoyed right now. It wasn't every day that his death eater parents popped up out of nowhere and caused a ruckus again.

"OH! I GOT IT!" Jin exclaimed, shooting upright on Hoseok's bed.

Hoseok screamed, startled by Jin's sudden yelling. Jimin too was shocked out of his thoughts, staring at his hyung in shock.

"Jin-hyung, please, my heart..." he breathed out, clenching his shirt where his heart was.

"What's got you all excited?" Yoongi snorted, looking at Jin's determined – and actually excited – face.

"We didn't go through with the plan!" Jin exclaimed, though a little softer so the Hufflepuffs in the common room wouldn't be alarmed.

Namjoon sighed. "Jin-hyung, we can't just—"

"Yes we can!" Jin interrupted the younger. "We were going to find out the truth from Abigail, weren't we? Well, I say we do just that. If we can't help outside the castle, we'll find a way to help from inside."

Jimin watched as Namjoon grimaced and Yoongi gritted his teeth. Both of them were contemplating whether or not it was a good idea. Jimin himself immediately jumped up from the bed, grabbing the opportunity to do something about his helpless feelings.

"He's right. We had a plan and we should stick to it."

"Our plan included the big crowds at the Quidditch game, though." Hoseok said with a pout on his face. "We need a new one."

And instantly, all eyes turned to Namjoon.

The young Gryffindor looked rather hesitant about the idea of using the truth potion on Abigail in this situation. He frowned, eyebrows furrowed deep in thought.

Then, he looked up.

"Alright, here's what I think we should do. Professor Longbottom's on our side. We can trust him, so we should see if he can help us with this. We're gonna go to dinner tonight like nothing's wrong – Jin-hyung, you should skip dinner so Abigail won't know you got out and informed us about everything – and then we slip the potion into her drink. Once that's done I think it should take about a minute before the potion works."