Chapter 27: Right Here

"Something's here." Jin breathed out, and the five boys looked at each other in panic.

"We were too late with warning the teachers, weren't we?" Jimin said, gulping at the realization that something was here to attack the castle. Right now.

"We did what we could." Namjoon replied, before quickly grabbing Jimin and Jin's arms. "We have to go."

They started running just when the castle started shaking again, Hoseok and Yoongi right behind Namjoon. At that point, they weren't the only ones anymore who knew something was wrong. All around them, students started panicking. Something was on top of the castle. Either that, or something was being thrown at it with great force. How else could their firmly built school shake like this?

"What do we do? Where do we go??" Hoseok asked nervously. He had no idea where they were running to, and when Namjoon stopped running he realized that none of them actually knew what they were doing.

"I-I don't know, the teachers must know what to do, right?" the young Gryffindor said.

And at that point Professor McGonagall appeared in the corridors.

"Everyone! Go to the Great Hall! The castle is under attack, but we will make sure everyone is safe! Please remain calm and head to the Great Hall!"

Jimin let out a shaky breath and he looked at Yoongi, who gave him a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry, let's go to the Great Hall." the elder Slytherin said, to which Jimin nodded.

The five boys ran along with the other students, the shaking of the castle terrifying them. What if it would collapse? What if their school would actually be destroyed? This was their home...

When they heard a loud roar coming from outside, all of the students froze in the middle of the hallway.

That had sounded way too close, way too loud. Whatever was out there had to be near.

Jimin slowly turned his head to the left, where the large glass windows were. The others followed the movement and they gasped in shock when they stared straight into the eyes of a real-life dragon.

It was deadly quiet in the hallway, all the students frozen to the spot. That is, until one kid started screaming and the corridors were suddenly filled with panic as everyone started running around, hoping to get away from the dragon as fast as possible.

The dragon roared again and a blue glow started to appear around it. That, for sure, couldn't mean anything good.

Namjoon pulled Jimin's arm again, motioning at the others to run as well, but Jimin looked behind him to see Hoseok completely frozen in fear.

"Jimin, come on we have to go!!!" Namjoon yelled

"Wait, Joon! Hobi is..." he trailed off, freeing his arm from his friend's grip and hurrying towards Hoseok. "Hoseok, if you don't move now, you'll be in danger!"

Hoseok was pale and he stared at the eyes of the dragon, which's pupils were blown wide.

"Hoseok, c'mon!" Jimin yelled at him, before letting out a frustrated sound and grabbing his arm, pulling him with him.

The two of them joined Yoongi, Jin and Namjoon and together they ran through the hallway. Right on time, at that, because as soon as they turned the corner they heard a loud blast accompanied by the glass windows shattering.

Jimin gulped and looked at Yoongi, who was running on his right while he dragged Hoseok on his left. "It's really going to destroy the school, isn't it?"