Chapter 3

3 - Situationship

Nola's POV

"You've been doing great with collecting views lately, even after all that's happened." My manager said as I finished up my plate of salad.

She continued to talk about my success but I wasn't listening, my mind had drifted off to Anya.

I hate how much she's been on my mind since we fell off. It's so annoying.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry. But it's getting late and I gotta get home." I lied, and she blushed.

"Oh, okay. Just keep up the good work!" She said.

"Yeah, take care." I said as I got up with my phone in hand and walked out the room.

I turned a corner and someone bumped into me roughly but I didn't bother to look.

"I'm so–" They began to say and I immediately looked up from my phone as I recognized her voice.

Anya looked surprised when she saw me.

We stood in silence as it processed in my mind who exactly was standing in front of me.

"What you doing here?" She asked, speaking first.

"I... I was meeting with someone." I stated, recovering from my stammer.

"Oh. Me too." She said, looking away from me.

She's meeting someone? Already? Who?

"Oh." I replied, and it fell silent again.

She didn't look me in the eye and I was still pretty surprised to see her.

I was just thinking about her, and here she is...

She looked good. Who's she trying to impress?

"I shouldn't have drank... I feel sick!" I heard someone yell and I looked over to see Cheryl supporting Anya's very drunk friend.

Oh.

"I told you not to drink but you didn't listen."

"Nola?" Cheryl questioned as she saw me.

"What the fuck you doing here!?" I asked, immediately becoming defensive.