Chapter 7

7 - Pain & Regret

Nola's POV

"Why you here, Nola? Ain't you get what you wanted the last time I saw you?" Anya asked.

"...Well." I stammered, not even knowing what I was doing here. I had a lot to say at one point, but now that I'm in front of her... I'm speechless.

"I gotta get back in, can you hurry up?" Anya asks and I glared at her.

Bullshit. That shop is a ghost town.

"...What have you been doing?" I asked, and Anya looked at me with her brows furrowed.

...Man. I hate when she looks at me like that.

"Is that what you came to ask me?" She asked.

"Why do you care? We ain't got nothing going on. It's none of your business."

I stared at her with my brows knitted together.

"...Yeah. You're right." I said, as I felt my chest throbbing in pain.

Shit. What am I supposed to do? What could I do in this moment to win her back?

What am I supposed to say!?

"S-So... I was thinking..." I said as I clenched my fists. "Do you want... to be... my partner, again?"

Anya looked at me like I was crazy.

Fuck. That's all you could come up with!?

"It's just kinda a waste... to have things end like this. We were really compatible... and I can't find anyone else like you. I know you're lonely, too."

What the fuck am I saying!?

"The thing is... I..." ...can't do it, if it's not you. But I'm not going to say that.

Anya stared at me. "...Wow. You really mental."

"I can't believe you actually just asked me that." She said, and she started to laugh.

I went to open my mouth but she continued. "Nola. Do you love me?"

My heart skipped a beat and I froze in place. "...What?" I asked.

"Do you love me?" She asked again with more assertiveness, confirming that I heard right.

Why is she asking that now? Me? Love her?

"You know. I realized something that day," Anya said as she chuckled.

"I don't like fucking on what's not mine. If I don't love you, I can't fuck with you." She stated.

"Neither can I fuck with someone who doesn't love me. Being around you hurts."

I kept my composure as I said, "Anya... I..."

"I gotta girlfriend." Anya said before I could even start off my sentence.

I just stared at her as I slowly processed what just came out of her mouth.

"I gotta go." She then said and she shoved the umbrella that she took into my stomach. "Leave, and don't ever come 'round me again."

I held back tears and clenched my jaw tightly.

She went inside after and I stayed in the same place with my jaw clenched tightly.

I bent down and began to take heavy breaths, keeping myself from crying.

...No. This isn't what was supposed to happen...

This isn't what I wanted to happen... not this.

To be continued...
Published - 11/11/19

yea yea yea ! updating friday