Chapter 22

22 - Happy Place

Other's POV

With the new semester beginning, Anya and Nola have been trying to spend their free time together whenever they weren't flooded with work.

"See y'all later!" Nola said quickly, leaving behind her friends as she ran out of the classroom.

"Aw, she left us again." One of Nola's friends frowned. She was the closest to her out the group.

"You think she got a girlfriend?" One of the girls that they hanged with questioned.

"What makes you think that?" She asked.

"The way she be running out as soon as we dismissed, and she don't hang with us anymore." The girl said, "She's gotta have a girlfriend."

"And she been so nice lately! I can't even be salty if she's got a girl no more..." Another one pointed out, "I just really like this new Nola!"

"If so, I'm happy for her." Her friend shrugged.

Bertha, the stud, smacked her lips. "Why y'all worried about her when my sexy ass right here?"

"Eww, shut the fuck up Bertha!" One of the girls shouted as the other gagged at her works.

"Nobody was even talking to you." Their mutual friend laughed, shaking her head at her.

Bertha sucked her teeth loudly, "Man, whatever! I'm not boutta sit here and listen to this shit!"

She then dramatically stormed out of the room.

Nola's POV

The cool air struck me from outside, and I quickly scanned my surroundings until I spotted Anya's mane among the crowd of students.

A small smile crept across my face, and I fixed my bag on my shoulder before I jogged over to her. She noticed me coming and smiled wearily.

"Woah..." I laughed when I realized how tired she looked, "You didn't sleep last night?"

"Nah, I had to catch up on assignments..." She sighed, and I threw my arm over her shoulder. I leaned towards her ear as I whispered into it, "You want me to make you feel better?"

I watched her try to conceal her flustered expression as I laughed. "I'm kidding, I know you're tired. I can give you a massage?" I then offered.