Chapter 12

12 - Invigorating

Anya's POV

Nola kept her promise, leaving while I slept.

I was so warm and toasty as I woke up, realizing that there was a heated blanket on me.

When did she even have the time to get this?

I let out a relieved sigh, and sat up in bed.

I felt really refreshed as I stretched out my achy muscles, I finally got the rest I needed. I managed to sleep right through the night.

I didn't have that nasty cough anymore either.

Last night didn't even feel like it happened, it felt like a dream that came and went.

I got ready for school, and I was off to class.

"Anya!" Nique called happily, startling me.

We met up on campus like we usually did, and she passed me a bottle of Dr. Pepper.

"What's up with you? Jumping and shit." She said, laughing as I took the bottle from her.

"Fuck you, nigga. Your happy ass just popped up outta nowhere." I grumbled.

"Guess what!?" She shouted suddenly, startling me again and I yelled, "Fuck, nigga! Chill!"

"My bad... my bad." She laughed, and I shook my head as she began to speak.

"I presented my project and I got a insane amount of good feedback!" She exclaims.

"Really?" I laughed.

"Yeah! All the girls kept saying you was fine, and asking if you was a model!" She told me.

"My professor liked it, too. I'm getting a good grade." She smiled, and I was happy for her.

"Thanks so much, bro." She said sincerely, "I told you, you got a lot of good qualities."

I chuckled slightly. "...Nigga, stop. You always gassing my head up. It's big enough."

"I'm just saying... you should be more confident." Nique told me and I scoffed at her.

"Thanks though." I said.

"Oh, yeah! You interested in a date?" She asked.

"A date?" I questioned.

"Yeah, this girl came up to me with her friend and told me she liked you, asking if I could hook her up with you. I told her I'd ask you first."

"You interested? She's cute, and she seems nice."

I stared at her cluelessly before it clicked.

Oh, yeah! She doesn't know I like studs!

"Oh, nah. I'm good." I said, shaking my head.

"Really? Dang..." Nique says, frowning slightly. "Why not? You got someone you like?"