Chapter 1: Internship

My whole life I lived in a small town where everyone knew each other's secrets, and that's how gossip was easy to spread. My secret though was kept from everyone even after I had moved away to Seattle to start at the internship program at Seattle Grace Hospital. I was ready to start my life over and move on to bigger and better things for myself, I had found a decent apartment not very far from the hospital. I was so nervous for the internship but ready for what lies ahead in my future. All of the interns were standing in the locker room waiting for Dr. Bailey to give us orders, I had made friends with Meredith Grey, Izzie Stevens and Christina Yang when I noticed across the room a curly haired guy with bright green eyes looking at me. He was talking to another intern Alex Karev but his eyes kept darting over to me, and he would smile. "Who is that?" I asked Izzie nodding over to him. "Oh that's George O'Malley." She replied noticing me looking back at him. "He's pretty cute." I replied smiling making him blush. We didn't talk more because Dr. Bailey had came in the door with a clipboard and looking like she meant business. "All right lets get started: Yang, Grey, Stevens and Smith your with me." She read off of the papers in front of her. "Karev, and O'Malley your with Shepard." She continued. Christina, Izzie, Meredith and I followed her out the door and down the hall.
George's POV:
I was nervous about starting the internship at Seattle Grace, I had heard some good things about it and I decided to give it a go. I had never really had a relationship before and didn't plan on it for awhile but there was this girl what made me feel things I never had felt. I first noticed her across the room in the locker room talking to Meredith, Izzie, and Christina. The first thing I noticed about her was her smile, it lit up the room. The second thing was her laugh, it was so contagious I couldn't help but laugh with her. Her beauty though was what shocked me, she's so absolutely beautiful. The way her long brown hair laid on her shoulders and how perfect she looked the way she was. She didn't worry about how her body looked or they way she talked, she liked her for herself and that's what was amazing. I was too nervous to talk to her though, Alex saw it and tried to convince me otherwise. "Go talk to her man." He kept grilling at me. "N-No way." I managed to get out. "Dude if you like her go for it." He replied patting me on the shoulder. I will eventually I thought to myself following Alex to go find Dr. Shepard.