Chapter 15: Documentary

A film crew was coming in to film all of the staff after the shooting that took place. Dr. Bailey and Dr. Webber wanted everyone to be presentable and ready for when the cameras filmed us working or when doing an interview. The day of the documentary, everyone was rushing around making sure the hospital was in place and also getting ready. Dr. Shepherd's estranged sister Amelia showed up at the hospital causing mayhem on him and a Meredith but it all worked out in the end. Seeing the cameras and the camera crew made me really nervous to talk about what had happens with Gary Clarke and all of the staff members we lost that day. The camera crew followed us around to see what we were found and even interviewing everyone who was involved. "So tell us about your day of consist of that day?" The interviewer asked George and I. "Well it was a very busy day, we had people come in and out of the er all day and working on the most tragic cases." George explained. "Yeah we were so busy that day, and I was trying to get things done but also deal with morning sickness." I told her. "Oh your pregnant? Congratulations!" She gushed to me. "Thanks so much we are very excited for our little girls arrival." I replied. "Is it true that the gunman held you at gunpoint? What was that like?" She asked me. "Well to be honest it was pretty scary, I wasn't even sure if I was going to make it, I found out I was pregnant several weeks later." I replied putting my hand on my belly as George squeezed my hand. "I was so relieved when he let her go but so shocked when he shot Dr. Shepherd in the arm." George replied. "He made a full recovery though." I chimed in not worrying anyone who will be watching. They reporter went on to interview Cristina, Izzie, Alex, Meredith and Derek. George and I went back to our work. I was so glad to have the interview over with but nervous about the upcoming documentary. "Are you okay?" I heard George as me while I was filling out the books at the nurses station. "Yeah I'm okay just nervous about the documentary, I've been trying to get passed what happened." I replied looking at his concerned face. He leaned over the desk to grab my hand and gave it a squeeze and giving me a smile. "I know we all have, but with you it's much harder. I understand, I will be here no matter what." He replied to me. I sat down to finish my books when a fluttering in my stomach made me stop. "What's wrong?" George asked me coming over to me. "Nothing the baby is moving." I replied grabbing his hand and putting it where the fluttering was coming from. "She's really moving in there." George smiled at me. "She's a very active one." I replied returning his smile and looking down at my belly where our hands where. It was hard to believe that we were going to become parents very soon, this was exactly what I wanted and nothing more.