Chapter 8: 1st Year Medical Exams

As a year passed our 1st year medical exams approached and all of us were working hard at Seattle Grace and studying. There was a study party going on at Merediths that ended up having Cristina, Alex and I crashing there until the exams were over. Bailey surprised us all by announcing her pregnancy, and she gave birth in the hospital to "William George Bailey Jones" or Tuck for short during a bomb scare. Things between George and I are still going pretty strong, we celebrated our 1 year anniversary with a moonlight picnic and the camper that Dr. Shepherd let us borrow for the night. Bailey has us all meet around the nurses station with Dr. Webber to discuss the upcoming exams. "Now as you all know who 1st year medical exams are coming up very quickly." She told us. "It's a written test that will be taken here, it's not too hard and I hope all of you pass it." She continued eyeing everyone. Dr. Webber cleared his throat and stepped in. "Dr. Bailey and I will see to make sure that all of you are studying and will also pass the test." He said. "Make flash cards if needed and form a study group those will help you the most." He continued. "You will receive whether you passed or not in a couple of weeks after the test. Don't stress yourself out studying and then after waiting for the results, continue working and doing other things to keep your mind off of it." Dr. Bailey said. We went back to work but studying when we got the chance, I met George in the on-call room to study  (which we did) but ended up doing much more than that. "We really need to focus if we both want to pass." I told him laying there next to him. "I know I know it's just so hard with you beside me." He said to me snuggling close to me. A few weeks later, it was exam time and we all showed up looking very nervous. Dr. Webber and even Dr. Bailey were right the test wasn't so bad, I looked across the table at George who winked at me before continuing the test. When we were finished, we all exited out of the conference room and back to our rounds as if nothing had happened.
-A few weeks later-
A couple weeks had passed after taking the exam, and we were anxiously awaiting an email saying whether we passed or not. "It said 9." Izzie complained looking at her watch again. "It did but they may have been delayed trying to send out emails to who passed and give the bad news to people who didn't." Cristina said. "Well they need to hurry up, I can't take the anxious waiting anymore." Izzie still complained. A couple of minutes later all of our phones buzzed with the email we had been waiting for, we grabbed our phones and took a deep breath as we opened them. I let out a relived sigh reading that I had passed with happy tears filling in my eyes. "Okay on the count of 3 let's all say it together." Cristina said. "1..2..3." We all counted. We all ended up passing and forming a big group hug squealing with excitement that we all passed. "Celebration at Joe's tonight!" Cristina exclaimed. Work finished up and we all went home to get ready for the celebration at Joe's. A table at Joe's was reserved for us and drinks where waiting when everyone arrived. "Here's to getting through the internship and passing the exam." Cristina said holding up as glass for everyone to clink theirs too. "Yeah!" We all cheered. "Here's to not only getting through the internship and passing the exam but meeting the love of my life Taylor." George exclaimed wrapping his arm around me. "Aww." Everyone exclaimed. We drank, talked and laughed before heading back to our homes to get sleep before another day. A merger was happening with Mercy West very soon so it would mean more people but be stressful trying to get use to the new people and figuring out where everyone would be.