Chapter 9: Seattle Grace-Mercy West Merger

The merger for Seattle Grace and Mercy West approached faster than we had anticipated. I stood in the er along with Izzie, Alex, Meredith, Cristina, Lexi, and George waiting to see the what the people from Mercy West looked like. "I wonder what they will look like." Izzie said curiously. "Me too." Cristina replied. "I think that's them." Meredith said pointing to a group of people wearing orange scrubs who walked in looking confused. "Yep that's definitely them." Alex smirked. "Be nice." Izzie told him smacking him on the arm playfully. There were 4 of them: a very handsome tall dark skinned guy who had blue eyes you could see across the room, a tall kind of stalky guy with dark hair, a short girl with brunette hair who looked stuck up and a wide eyed very talkative girl with red hair. Dr. Bailey and Dr. Webber introduced themselves to them and led them out of the locker room as we followed behind. "Listen up Mercy Westers, this is Yang, Grey, Karev, Stevens, O'Malley and Smith. They will be the ones who you will be assigned to today." Dr. Bailey told them. "Please tell us your names and what specialty you want to be." Dr. Webber  told them. "I'm Jackson Avery the grandson to Harper Avery I would like to be in plastics." He told us. "Who's Harper Avery?" I whispered to Cristina. "He's the one who gives out the award for The Harper Avery and is over this hospital." She whispered back. "Wow." I said. The stalky guys name is Charles Percy he wanted to specialize in Cardio, the brunette haired girl is Reed Adams who wanted to specialize in General and the talkative red hair girl is April Kepner who also wanted to specialize in General. We each were assigned our interns and we went off to our assigned rounds, with the interns following us like little puppy dogs. It was hard to concentrate with the interns but I did the best I could to get my job done. When the day ended, we all headed to the locker room to change and go home. "Let's get some sleep, I'm tired." I told George. "Mm that sounds good to me." He replied back kissing me on the forehead. We both went to my apartment and passed out in the bed snuggling close.