Chapter 16: Surprise Emergency

Today was a day that we didn't except to see two employees getting off of an ambulance but when it happened, everyone was all hands on deck. Callie and Arizona has been in a bad car wreck, Arizona was okay but Callie unfortunately was not. She suffered way more serious injuries that weren't safe for her or the baby which was why we all were scrambling around to get her to the er immediately to safely deliver Sofia and save Callie's life as well. Sofia Robbin Sloane Torres was born 16 weeks early weighing only 1 pound and 1 ounce, she was resuscitated and put into an incubator heading straight up the NICU to have help breathing on her own. Callie on the other hand had so many injuries because when the truck ran into their car, she was thrown through the window. The or was overflowed with everyone trying to save her life, I was up in the gallery watching too nervous to be down there belong to save Callie's life and trying to not go into early labor. Callie's surgery went well, she was put into the ICU to recover with Arizona right by her side. Her recovery was slow but when she was able, she started physical therapy to regain the strength to walk and go back to being a doctor. Little Sophia eventually gained the weight she needed and got off all the tubes to help her breathe and live, I checked up on her everyday giving Arizona and Mark updates and even showing Callie pictures. "She's beautiful, she looks just like you." I told Callie making her smile. Callie and Sophia both were finally able to go home being carefully watched by Arizona and Mark of course. I checked up on them every once in a while while to give other people a break. Holding Sophia made me so excited for our little one to be born, it seemed like time was slowly going by for her arrival. That night I crawled into bed beside George exhausted from my day letting out a huge sigh. "After holding Sophia, I'm so ready for her arrival." I told George. "I know me too." He replied back rubbing my belly making her move all over the place. We both relaxed in the bed and fell asleep dreaming of our little girl.