Chapter 10: Shooting

When Allison Clark passed away, her husband Gary was devastated. He was so devastated though that we didn't think he would do something so sinister as shooting up a hospital until the day it happened and many lives were lost. It was a typically normal day at Seattle Grace-Mercy West, everyone was off doing their rounds and rushing to the er where emergencies were happening left and right that none of us saw a drunken Gary Clark enter the building with a gun hidden in his belt loop and a canteen full of alcohol in his hand. None of us even knew he shot Reed and went on a shooting rampage until April went into Dr. Webber's office in distress about Reed. Alarms went off and people where rushing to get patients out and other staff without alarming him. I rushed to get the patients out and went to find George. I found myself running through the halls shouting his name and searching in every door until I found him hiding behind benches stacked up in the locker room. "There you are." I exclaimed catching my breath. "Shh come in and lock the door, he's on this hall somewhere." He told me quietly. We both hid behind the benches clutching to each other scared for our lives. I held my breath as footsteps approached and the door knob jiggled, but went away quickly. "Whew that was close." I whispered to him. "I know but I'm glad to be here with you." He replied looking at me. "Me too." I replied back giving him a quick kiss. We waited for awhile before we decided to try and sneak off the floor to find safety outside where the police, fire, swat teams were along with other staff members and even patients. We were walking across the long walkway to the other side of the hospital when an arm grabbed me and I felt a gun to my head. "Don't move or I will shoot." A stern voice said in my ear. I had my eyes closed, but opened them when I heard the voices of Cristina, Meredith, George and Dr. Shepherd calling my name. They all stood still in shock, wondering what is about to happen. I tried to talk but I couldn't get anything out but a squeak until I cleared my voice and tried again. "P-Please don't shoot me, I didn't mean any harm. I'm so sorry about your wife." I said to him. "It wasn't you?" He asked me. "No I wasn't assigned to her that day." I replied back. "Okay walk away slowly to your friends." He whispered letting me go. I walked over to them shaking and crying, finding myself in George's arms. A gunshot rang out and we all turned around to see Derek on the floor shot in the arm and Gary Clark running away. "Get him in an or now." Cristina ordered us. We rushed to find a gurney meeting Owen and Teddy along the way telling them what happened. "Okay we got this you guys try to get out." Owen told us. We rushed outside to where everyone was waiting for some news. "What happened?" Dr. Webber asked us. "He held Taylor at gunpoint then shot Dr. Shepherd." George told him. "Is he okay?" He asked us. "Cristina, Meredith, Teddy and Owen were taking him in the or when we left." George informed him. "Who all did we loose or who was shot?" I asked. "Reed was killed, Charles Percy was killed, Karev was shot but he's okay and a lot of staff were killed." Dr. Webber told us. I started to cry shaking uncomfortably until George comforted me into his arms. "Shh it's okay." He said to me. The swat team was sent in to find Gary and everyone else who was in there. Dr. Shepherd and Alex made it through their surgeries with along recovery ahead of them. The bodies of all the staff, Reed, Charles Percy and many others were removed and the hospital was trying to get back in order. I continued to have nightmare about shooting that caused me to not be able to sleep. Dr. Bailey had me go see the counselor at the hospital to get the help I needed so I can continue my job and my life.