Chapter 4: Date Night At Joe's

Friday approached very quickly, I packed my bags for date night and brought it with me to the hospital. I was changing into my scrubs for the day when Izzie popped in. "So tonight's the first date night?" She asked me. "Yes oh my gosh I'm so nervous." I replied. "Don't be George is a great guy." She replied back. I decided to keep work on my mind and not the date tonight but it was hard to do with George being there smiling at me every chance he got. We met up in the cafeteria for lunch along with Christina, Izzie, Alex and Meredith. "So what's on the plan for date night?" Izzie asked us. "Well we are going to go get drinks at Joes and see where it goes from there." I told her. "Joes is where everyone here goes." Alex told me. "That's how I met Derek before I knew he worked here." Meredith replied. "Wow." I replied back. The day finished just in time for me to go take a quick shower and get ready for my date. I put on a purple dress with flats, curled my hair and even put on a touch of makeup. Izzie, Meredith and Cristina came in to check on me. "Wow you look amazing!" Izzie gasped. "I'm so nervous, I haven't been on a date in a really long time." I told them. "It will be okay, just breathe and don't drink too much." Meredith told me. I headed to Joes where George was already at the bar waiting for me, when he saw me he looked so shocked. "You look so beautiful." He told me helping me take off my coat. "Thanks you don't look so bad yourself." I replied smiling at him. "Joe this is Taylor, Taylor this is Joe the owner and a good friend." He introduced us. "Nice to meet you." He said to me shaking my hand. "Same here." I replied. We both sat down and Joe poured us some drinks leaving us to talk. It was really hard to find something to talk about other than work. "So tell me about yourself." He said to me. "Well I have 2 sisters and 3 brothers, I wasn't popular in school I was in the band and played the flute. My favorite color is purple." I said to him. "The flute wow." He acted surprised. "Marching band was hard, we practiced outside after school in any weather condition." I replied. "I have 2 brothers, I'm the baby of the family." He told me. "Aww." I replied teasing. Joe came over to refill our drinks as we continued to talk. "I was really nervous today about this date." I told him. "I know I was too." He replied putting a piece of my hair behind my ear. "You know the situation I use to be in, if we are going to make this work I would like to take things slow." I told him. "I'm okay with that, I don't want to rush you into doing anything your uncomfortable with." He replied grabbing my hand. "Im glad you understand, I didn't think I would find someone who did. He really had me emotionally and physically messed up in the head." I replied back. "I really do understand, and don't worry I'm here to help you though anything." He said scooting closer to me to look me in the eyes and give me a quick kiss but it ended up lasting longer. I had to break off the kiss to take a breathe because it was so powerful, I never felt anything like that before. It gave me goosebumps on my arms, butterflies in my stomach and made my heart race. "Let's go back to my place and watch a movie." I told him. "That sounds like a good idea." He replied waving Joe down to pay. We left Joes and headed to my apartment where we cuddled up on the couch to watch a movie but ended up falling asleep instead and didn't wake up until time for another day at work.