Chapter 17: Engagement 💍

Over the next several weeks, it seemed like everyone was acting very strange towards me. At first I thought I was imagining it but it kept happening and kind of freaked me out. No one would answer my questions about what was going on, all of my friends and fellow staff members were giving me short answers and stopped talking whenever I would walk by. Once morning walking into work, everything changed. As I got off the elevator, I noticed everyone whispering among each other as I walked by. Shaking off what was going on, I went into the locker room to change and that's where I was met by people hanging me a single rose. Once all of the roses were collected I followed them out to the stairs where I saw everyone standing around smiling. Standing at the stairs was George wearing a tux, looking very nervous. I slowly walked over to him with a very confused look on my face. "What's going on?" I asked him as he grabbed my hands to help me up the stairs. He looked at Alex standing beside him who nodded, cuing music to play from somewhere in the hospital. "Taylor getting this job was a dream but nothing compared to when I first laid my eyes on you. I remember the day well, it was the first day we can here to work. You were standing in the locker room laughing and talking with Cristina, Izzie and Meredith. The first thing I noticed was your smile, the way it lit up the room and made other people smile. I was so nervous to talk to you but Alex gave me the courage to finally talk to you during the code black. Now here we are expecting a baby girl on the way, happier than ever. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He said to me getting a box out of his pocket and kneeling down in one knee in front of me. I heard myself gasp out loud as he opened the box to reveal a very beautiful but expensive ring sitting inside. "Taylor I love you and want to be with you for the rest of my life, so will you marry me?" He asked me looking up at me. I was so in shock, but could feel myself crying hysterically. I looked around at everyone who was here all the familiar faces, of the staff members who were friends and even like family. Once I was finally able to control myself, I took a deep breath and said: "Yes!" Everyone around us broke out into cheers and applauded as he put the ring on my finger and gave me a kiss. "I can't believe this is happening." I told him wiping my eyes. "I wanted to surprise you before the baby arrived." He said to me. We were surrounded by staff giving us hugs and congratulations. Izzie, Cristina and Meredith made their way over to us squealing all excitedly. "Now we can plan a wedding." Izzie excitedly said to me. "I would like to get married before she arrives." George told her. Izzie clapped her hands together jumping excitedly, looking around at us. "We have a lot of work to do." She told me pulling out a notebook to start scribbling down ideas. I let Izzie be the one in charge of everything but with Cristina, Meredith, Arizona , Callie and even Lexie and Dr. Bailey's help. We went back to our normal work day, but I had to get to an appointment to check on baby girl. Everything was going good with her growth, she was right on track with everything. Seeing her little face on the ultrasound made it all seem so real, she seemed to be a good mix of both George and I but had a lot of curly hair. I got pictures of the ultrasound and went to find George and everyone else to show them. Everyone was sitting in the cafeteria eating their lunch, talking about the wedding and other gossip. "How was the appointment?" George asked me as I sat down. "Good, everything is in track for her arrival." I replied showing him the pictures. "Look at all that hair." Meredith said. "No wonder my heartburn has been bad." I teased. Lunch went by as did the day, I was so thankful to get out of there to get some rest.