Dope boy

Chapter 2

© Copyright
All rights reserved

Jahiem
Miami, Florida 305
6:15 a.m.
Nov. 5, 2019

*beep beep beep*

Jahiem shut his alarm off, as he sat up straight, rubbing the sleepiness out of his hazel eyes.

He got out the bed and head straight for the bathroom where he did his hygiene.

After he was done, he came out and got dressed. Before long, Jahiem was downstairs eating breakfast.

His dad came down in a suit and tie. "Morning pops" he said looking over at his dad.

Kelvin Omanis, was a well known psychologist . He was the best psychologist in the city of Miami.

"Hey son, how are you?" He asked.

Jahiem shrugged. "Good I guess " he replied, still looking down at his food.

"You don't sound ok, wassup wit cha" kelvin asked.

"None, I just been a little stressed over school and stuff lately pops, nothing I can't handle" Jahiem reassured his father. 

Kelvin watched jahiem's body language. "Now boy, you know better than to lie to your old man, come on now, what's good wit cha" kelvin asked sitting next to his son.

Jahiem let out a loud sigh. "I just miss mama, that's all" he answered truthfully. His dad sighed. "Look man, I know you hurt from all of this but I promise you everything's gonna be fine. I got us. Stop stressing about that, cause your mama made her choice" he said. 

Jahiem nodded. "Ight pops" he said. His dad gave him a slight smile before getting up. "Alright we'll talk some more later but right now, I gotta get going" he said before walking out the door.

Jahiem finished his cereal and then he placed the bowl in the sink.

He then grabbed his book bag and keys and headed out the house , making sure to lock and close it.

He shot jamal a text, letting him know that he was about to leave for school. Jamal replied saying he was already at school so he shouldn't worry about giving him a ride.

Jahiem didn't reply. He got into his car and backed out the drive way.

••••••••••

Jahiem pulled up to the school campus and parked his car. He got out and locked his car door.

He walked over to his cousin, who was talking to Lito and his boys.

Jahiem wasn't the biggest fan of Lito, he was just cordial with him because of jamal.

"I'm saying bro, you should pull up on us, that shit gone be lit. We gone have all the hoes out there and shit" Lito explained.  "Wassup" Jahiem said giving Lito a casual head nod.