DOPE BOY

Chapter 8

© Copyrights
All rights reserved

Jahiem,
Miami Florida,
6:00 a.m.
Nov.10

Jahiem got up and started getting ready for school. By six forty five he was out the house.

He drove over to the gas station where he got some gas and drink.

A Jeep pulled up next to him and the girl from the other night hopped out. He watched her, as she walked into the gas station. She was really pretty but to him, she had nothing on his girl.

She had a bag in her hand and a bottle of sprite. She looked over at him, rolled her eyes and got into her car and rode off.

He chuckled to himself. After he was done pumping gas, he got into his car and headed to school.

On his way there, his girl shot him a message telling him that she missed him and that he should have a nice day at school.

He sucked his teeth. Shakira was in St.Tomas. She was gonna be over there for two weeks because her grandmother was very sick.

Her grandmother— ms. Shirley— had kids, but they didn't want to come down because they were too busy living their own lives. Shakira felt that it was up to her to go take care of her grandmother, being that she technically raised her, while her biological mother ran around on the streets.

Jahiem was understanding of the whole situation, but he missed his old lady. When he pulled up in school, he was greeted by his cousin.

"Wassup bruh" He said dabbing him up. They chatted for awhile about business and about the party that they went to the Saturday night.

"Yo, wassup with you and keirson man? Y'all was all over each other at that party" Jahiem stated.

"Man ion even know to be honest wit' chu. I mean I still got feelings for her but ion know if I'm ready for a relationship right now and she isn't sure either— so right now we just taking it slow" he told his cousin.

Jahiem nodded. "Slow is good" Jahiem said smiling. "Amen to that brother" Jamal said dabbing him up.

After their conversation, they both went there separate ways. Jahiem went to class and took a seat. He sat quietly on his phone until the tardy bell sounded. He tucked his phone away in his pocket.

The girl from the other night entered the class room. She looked over an him then looked away. After the teacher called role, she told the class that they had an assignment.

She assigned the class partners and unfortunately for Kahleya and Jahiem, they were assigned to work together.

Kahleya walked over to the empty seat next to Jahiem. She said down and then placed her belonging on the table.

"Hey, I'm leya" she said. He looked at her. "Wassup, I'm Jahiem" he responded.

"So what is the theme of our project gonna be?" Kahleya asked getting straight to the point.

"Ion know." He said shrugging. Kahleya sighed. "Okay, we could work on that part later. What do you know about the civil rights movement?" She asked.

"A lot" he said. She looked at him. She started to admire really how beautiful he was. "Damn" she said out loud. He looked at her and smiled. "Yo" he called over. She snapped her head over at him and blushed in embarrassment.

"My bad" she said tucking her hair behind her ear. "It's all good" he replied.

They worked on the project until the bell rung. "Look lemme have you number, so that way we could work on this shit cause I need the grade" he told her. She nodded and placed her number in his phone.

After class ended, they went there separate ways.

Lunch swung around and maya was no where to be found. Jamal and keirson was boo'd up at the table, leaving Jahiem by his lonely.

He missed his girl. He pulled out his phone and FaceTimed her.

Two rings later, she picked up. "Hey baby" She said smiling. He smiled at her.

"Hey wassup" he said. "Nothing.. I miss you" She said pouting her lips.

"I miss you too, when you coming back?" He asked. "I'm two weeks" she replied. He let out a groan.

"What? I told you I was going to be gone for a little while babes" told him. "Yeah I know. I just miss those lips" he said smirking.

"Mmm which ones?" She asked licking her lips. He chuckled at her. "Both sexy" he said. She giggled as she felt her heart skip a beat. "Oh my god stop" she told him blushing.

"I'm for real" he replied. They chatted for a little while more before lunch was over.

He went to his last class of the day then he headed home. He decided to pull up in maya to see what was up with her.

He walked up to her door and knocked. "Who dat?" She yelled behind the door. "Aye man it's me Jahiem, open the door, it's hot as god damn our chea' " he told her.

The door swung open and there stood maya. She was all dressed up. "Where you been nigga?" Jahiem asked.

"I had to handle some business for juju. He been tripping on me lately." She said shaking her head. "Yeah he gone be like that for a while, I ain't even gone cap with ya" he told her.

She sighed. "I heard Kim was at the party the other night" she stated. Jahiem nodded his head. "You miss her?" Jahiem asked looking at her. She nodded.

"Then why are you here?" He asked her. "You needa get ya ass up and go talk to her. She ain't finna wait on you forever" he told her straight up.

"Yeah I know, I texted her the other day, I'm posta go link her at one thirty today" she said sipping her drink. "Oh word?" He asked. "Yes sir" she replied.

"Well I ain't gone stand in ya way young blood. I'm finna step, hit me later Ight?" He said to her. She nodded her head.

After Jahiem left, Kahleya started thinking long and hard about what she was gonna say and do a Kim. She was beyond nervous and she really didn't wanna fuck shit up, worst than what it was.

[Disregard all mistakes please].