DOPE BOY

Chapter 6

©Copyright
All rights reserved

kahleya,
10:30 a.m.
Miami, Florida
Nov. 8

The sun beamed into kahleya's room. She flickered her eyes open and sat up in her bed. She stretched and yawned as she threw the covers from off her body.

It was Saturday, and she really didn't have a lot to do. She had already clean up and stuff yesterday. 

She walked into her bathroom and started to do her morning routine. Twenty minutes later, she was out. She walked back into her room and put on her lotion and other products before getting dressed. She wore a red tube top, with some ripped up jeans and a pair of red and white low top vans. She unwrapped her long curly hair that fell to her shoulders.

She sat in front of the mirror and looked at herself. She felt like her world was falling apart. She couldn't believe her dad and mom was gonna be separated. She brushed her hair before putting it up into a neat bun. She did her edges and stuff before putting on her lashes.

She straightend up her room and made sure all her things were in order.

She applied lipstick to her already plumed lips. She then applied some Victoria secret perfume to her body. She grabbed her jeans jacket off the rack and grabbed her other belongings before heading out her room.

She went downstairs, to see her brother sitting down at the table. He still had his pjs on. She smiled and walked over to him.

"Why you still have that on" She asked. Her accent thicker than ever. "Because I'm going to be in bed all day, I don't care" he retorted. Kahleya sighed.

"Your still upset huh?" She asked. He looked at her and then back at his cereal. "They do this all the time" he replied.

Kahleya sighed. She genuinely felt horrible because no one ever made an effort— except her— to make it to any event that involved him.

She hugged him. "Look, everything's gonna be alright" she reassured him. He nodded and pulled away from her.

Sure after, Barry came down. He sighed when he saw Tyson. "Hey son" he said rubbing his head. Tyson shrugged him off.

"Look, I'm sorry for missing your game yesterday. I know your mad at me so that's why I'm gonna take you out and we can spend some time together. I took today off , specially for you" he told him.

"No go to work" he snapped. Barry sighed.

"Come on man, don't be like that Tyson. Please—I'm sorry. Let me make it up to you son" he said.

Tyson looked at his dad. He didn't crack a smile. "Fine" He said before getting up. "That's my boy" he said smiling.

"Good morning everyone" Janet said smiling. Kahleya looked over at her mom. Something didn't seem or feel right.

She gave Kahleya a kiss and her dad a weak ass peck. Kahleya knew her mom didn't know that she knew they were gonna be separated.