Battle of Apprentices

Izuku POV:

The day of the sports festival has finally come. Over the past 2 weeks, me and Ocha had been training through bitter work to be ready. I trained my new quirk from All Might and realized my limit is significantly lower than his. The first time I used it though, I kinda shattered every bone in my arm. To say I had to literally keep Ms. Konan from killing All Might for giving me such a dangerous quirk was an understatement. But I did learn from some suggestions by Mr. Pain about evenly spreading the power through my body. As such, I called the new technique 'full cowling'. Right now, everyone is waiting in the waiting room and making last minute preparations to be on television.

"Ok, well be heading out in a few. Make your last second preparations now and be ready." Me and Ocha took our headbands that we got from Mr. Pain and Ms. Konan out to look at them. We glanced at each other and nodded before tying them over our foreheads. "Hey Yaomomo, what's with that headband you have on and the mummy thing on your back?" We looked over to Ashido and Yaoyorozu to see the later wearing a headband similar to Mr. Sasori.

"The headband is a gift from my mentor

"The headband is a gift from my mentor. I've been doing some training with Mr. Sasori after the USJ. He was rather impressed with my talent, that he allowed me to take one of his first few puppets he made into combat with me and gave me this to symbolize me being under his guiding wing." She looked up at her headband with pride knowing she's honoring his name while wearing it. "Guess Momo is like us." "If he gave her both of those, we may have some stiff competition with her." We smile at each other before Todoroki comes over to us.

"Midoriya, Uraraka, I want to say something." We listen closely until he says with no emotion. "This is officially my declaration of war between you both. I will beat you and show that I'm the best." He walks away with both of us confused on his act. "Did we just get called out by Todoroki?" "I guess we did." We start to get called for us to head to the stadium. Once in the tunnel, we hear the roar of the crowd and start to feel their emotions without even seeing them.

"WELCOME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN TO UA'S ANNUAL SPORTS FESTIVAL! I'M YOUR HOST FOR THIS YEARS FIRST YEARS PRESENT MIC. JOINING ME TODAY ARE THE ERASER HERO, ERASERHEAD AND THE LEADER OF THE AKATSUKI, GOD!" "Does he always shout these things?" "Unfortunately." "NOW WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, LETS MEET OUR CONTENTS! COMING IN FIRST, THE CLASS THAT IS TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM, CLASS 1-A!"  We start walking out with Mr. Pain finally losing his patience with Mic and taking the microphone from him and calling out the other classes.

"Now for the referees for the match. We have the R-rated hero Midnight and a member of the Akatsuki Stitches." We look over to see Mr. Kakuzu not too thrilled to be working with Midnight. "Are you really a high school teacher with that outfit?" "What? It's approved by the board." "*sigh* Let's just get this over with. Now to make the opening ceremony speech, we have the first year valedictorian. Everyone please welcome the boy who gained the highest marks in the entrance exam, Izuku Midoriya." Mr. Kakuzu motions to me with my nerves overtaking me. 'Just stay calm Izuku. It's just a speech.' I look at the crowd and remember how All Might said to make my presence known to the world. With that, I try and speak. "Today is a day many of us have been training hard for. And for that, I vow that we will honor the sanctity of this festival and everyone who represents it to our fullest."