Chapter 14: Everyone Is Weird

*The Kraken: A big ass mythical sea monster.

🐈🐈🐈

If I thought Namjoon was weird yesterday, I know he's weird today.

We hadn't discussed it beforehand but I'd expected he would be waiting outside this morning to walk me to school. Then he never showed up and feeling disappointed, I'd gone ahead before I would be late. I figured one of two things. Maybe he had slept in or, more rationally, realized that I'm more psycho over cats than boys and he didn't want to deal with it.

Whatever. The thought doesn't upset me.

Except that it really upsets me.

When I stopped creating problems out of nothing, I got my dramatic ass to school. I walked in and there was Namjoon, an arm around his shoulders that belonged to one of his friends I hadn't met yet. He seemed to freeze before he jerked his head around and his very intense eyes met mine.

Wait.

After a moment he sent me a tight lipped smile and a wave, then turned and walked to class with his friends before the bell even rang.

What?

Is he mad at me? I know I teased him last night, was he hung up on that? That couldn't be it. I'd told him I liked him, he'd said it back and then he'd sent me a hundred and one heart emojis. So why?

These thoughts are momentarily forgotten when Eun-ji joins me at my locker and wouldn't shut up about some guy named Carl.

"Who the hell is Carl and why should I give a fuck?" I spit out, perhaps more rudely than I normally would be, considering my boyfriend hates me and wants to break up and probably hates my cats too.

I'm not being dramatic.

"He's new, and he's a foreigner and he's like, totally drool worthy." Eun-ji continues to gush. "But I heard that bitch Jennie saying-"

"Jennie, a bitch? She's the sweetest person ever." I argue, briefly forgetting that I hate everyone.

Eun-ji gives me a stern look. "Are you on my side or not?"

My mouth opens in confusion. "There's sides now?"

"You know what I mean."

"I really don't."

"Friends should agree with each other, no matter what."

"So by that logic, you also think that cats should be named supreme overlords of earth."

Eun-ji stares at me, her lips twitching. "Yes." she finally agrees unconvincingly.

My locker swings closed and I nod. "Then I guess Jennie's a bitch."

"Huh? Y/n, why?"

Oh shit. I turn and there's sweet Kim Jennie, her lip trembling and eyes filling with tears. I'd met her last year when we'd had to work on a project together in chemistry class. I was lucky to get to work with her because she was the only person in that class that I didn't want to punch in the throat.

That was because she quiet, always keeping to herself, but when she did have to speak she was always nice. Then of course she possessed something that was one of my weaknesses. She was cute. The type that would hide her face and blush when you complimented her. I'd always wanted to pinch her cheeks but I held back. And I'll admit I'm a bitch. But I would never want to hurt her feelings.

My arm moves to my side to find Eun-ji—I suddenly had the urge to pull her hair out—but of course she'd run off at the first sign of drama. Bitch.