Chapter 23: Dating Round 2

🐈🐈🐈

"Call me oppa."

"No."

"Please call me oppa?"

"No."

"Just once?"

"Fine. Oppa."

"Not like that! Say it cutely."

"Namjoon, have you ever been punched in the throat by your soulmate?"

"...Call me whatever you want." Namjoon pouts, defeated.

I sigh. "Here, I got you something." I reach into my schoolbag and rummage around while he looks on attentively. Then I whip out my hand, my thumb and forefinger creating a finger heart and present it to him. "Just for you."

The next second his face breaks out into a dimple inducing grin. In-guk and Eun-ji, sitting behind us on the grass of the school courtyard both produce gagging noises.

We're too cute, and I'm aware of it. I've always hated couples like this so I can fully understand where my friends are coming from. Do I care? Nope. This feeling of liking someone and them liking you back, it's too hard to contain. Really, it's the best feeling ever.

It's been nearly three weeks since he 'kittynapped' me. That night after I'd arrived back home he'd called and we'd spent almost all night on the phone together. It seems like we talked about anything and everything already but all I've wanted to do since then is talk more with him and spend more time together. It's like I can't get enough of him.

There was only one other relationship I've been in before this but there's absolutely no comparison. Did I used to like that guy? He wasn't a terrible boyfriend. You know, before he told me I was disgusting. Comparing them though...compared to Namjoon, he's trash. Why did I like trash? What does that say about me?

That I hadn't met Namjoon yet, probably.

Over these past two and a half blissful weeks, I've learned more about him. Just like Lucifairy, (the kitten he gave me) Namjoon is very destructive. In fact, he's probably the most destructive person I've ever met.

"Look, Kitty!" After our first date we had gone shopping around the mall and he'd found a section selling headbands. This particular one he showed me was of cat ears. Absolutely was I going to buy this, because obviously it's a vital addition to my wardrobe. He had held it up to place it on my head, stretching it out a bit in the process. But apparently too much as it had split in half.

I'd thought it was just a simple accident but then he broke two more pairs and a snow globe.

Since then he's broken an umbrella, six more pairs of wooden chopsticks, a lamp in our living room (our house is getting darker and darker) and somehow torn the strap on his school bag.

Moving on to other things I've learned about him. I found out that his wolf side was quite literally a wolf that he could speak to in his head. If I hadn't seen the things I'd already seen I would think he was a lunatic.

Learning this information did cause me to question: how come I don't have a cat side? Why am I just me? Although now that we're spending more time together Namjoon has pointed out many things about my personality and quirks that I never realized was me being very cat-like.

My temperament. My preference to being alone. The way sitting in the sunlight can make me sleep. How I can hold a grudge like it's no one's business. My initial distrust and dislike of literally everybody until I get to know them. My appetite for fish and other seafood and how I feel most comfortable and happy when I'm spending time with my cats.