Special Chapter: Marking (Pt1)

Jimin's story has already been posted if anyone is interested 💜

🐈 🐈🐈

*Titanic meme* It's been eighty four years...

Ok so it's been four years since dad's wedding. Namjoon is in his last year of university, I'm in my third. Though my education isn't complete, I've already gotten to meet SO many animals in the rescue center. In that time there's something I've learned about myself. I'm not singularly a cat person anymore. Of course they'll always be my number one and they are all powerful in my heart and the universe and I would die happy if they dominated earth. But now I pretty much like all animals. A zoology degree required contact with all types of species.

We usually try to avoid direct contact with all of the animals because they aren't here permanently. The place I inter at is a rescue and rehabilitation center where they are treated and then set free when they're ready for it. However, that doesn't mean that sometimes contact isn't needed.

A couple months ago they found a home where some asshole had bought some lion cubs on the black market and then of course didn't know how to take care of them. So by the time we got them they were in parasitic conditions, malnourished and two had been infected with the Norovirus.

They're so young that unfortunately, means it's going to be a good while before we can safely transport them back to their home country and set them free. After getting their health in order, they'll have to be integrated into a pack so that older lions can teach them how to 'lion'. And when they come of age they get to go home. Then even after that, they'll be tagged and will have to be kept under watch to make sure they're making it. Sometimes it isn't possible to put them back where they belong, which really breaks my heart.

So we ended up having to nurse them back to health and I got to be involved in that. The day I got to hold my first lion cub is the day that I think, I *THINK* I actually died and went to heaven. For babies they were big, but CUTE and their little ears, and the tails!! And don't EVEN get me started on their 'roars'. I think—I mean I-I just- ok I have to stop talking about them before I hyperventilate.

Anyway.

So far I've made friends with a Toucan, shook hands with a chimpanzee, and got peed on by a Mountain Chicken, which is actually a frog and not a chicken at all.

The amphibians and reptiles kind of, sort of freak me out so I tend to gravitate the fuck AWAY from the cold blooded, pointed tongued creatures.

But goats? GOATS!

Goats come second to cats. They stand on top of their little houses and look so proud, before parkouring backwards off that shit and then back again. Sometimes they ram their head into you, but it's usually indicative of their relationship with you whether that interaction is friendly or not. Naturally I've become BFF with the best of them, so I know the lingo. I'm part of the gang now. The goat gang. WATCH OUT MOTHER FUCKERS.

But imagine it. Goats took over the world. Everyone must submit to goats or else pay an extra tax fee cause they don't really care, they just want to eat all the overgrown weeds in your yard. They parkour all over the place. It would be MADNESS!

But then the cats are plotting. Of course they're plotting; that's what cats do. They stay calm and calculative, observing the goat's movements and strategies. Next thing you know: all out goat and cat war. The cats win because this is my imagination.

What was this all leading to, again?

Oh yeah.

So. Namjoon being Namjoon has been extra clingy lately. I'm not sure what started it because we're nowhere close to full moon and I've been giving him an adequate amount of attention. My best guess would be because my lab partner was an excessively handsome guy who's friendlier than a wet dog. I don't give him a second glance but all the girls in my year practically drool over him. But to me, he's not Namjoon. Therefore, he's trash. Just trash.