Chapter 29: Of Cramps and Kisses

🐈🐈🐈

The customary cramps kicked in with a vengeance around lunch time. In a world of rage and pain I slipped on a pair of sweatpants and an oversized hoodie, put my hair up in a messy ponytail, and took my bra off from under my shirt, flinging it across my bedroom hatefully.

Now that I had some level of comfort, I curl back into bed and sigh while pulling the covers over my head.

Naturally, this is when Namjoon decides to come over to visit unannounced. And of course dad tells him to head on up to my room because quote, "cute boys are welcome to do anything they want in my home."

Normally I'd at least try to straighten my hair before he saw me but today he can just fight me in the pit if he doesn't like it.

Why do I want to cry?

"Kitty?" A few short knocks accompany Namjoon's soft calling of my name. The door opens slowly and he peeks his head in, peering in cautiously before his eyes land on me and widen. The tip of his nose twitches and the next second the door is thrown open and he's rushing towards where I lay.

As he drives up short at the side of my bed, his arms motion  wildly and hands grasp in the air in my direction, but never touch me.  "What's wrong?!" his voice is panicked. "Are you hurt? I smell blood!  What happened? Are you ok?! Did you-" his voice stutters to a halt when  he notices my giggling.

He's so cute it makes me want to bust into tears and eat a pound of chocolate.

What a strange thing to say.

Unfortunately my amusement is cut short by the clenching pain in my lower abdomen. I hold in a groan for Namjoon's sake. Judging by that display of protectiveness, I don't think I should let him worry any more than he already is.

I'm guessing he's figured out what exactly is going on by now, if the sheepish look of embarrassment is anything to go by. One of his hands rubs at the back of his neck, a habit of his when he's feeling shy.

I slip a hand out from my blanket to take hold of his free one, squeezing it gently.

"I promise I'm not dying." I just feel like it and my period may or may not make me go a little psycho.

The hand behind his head drops to cup my own being held in his grasp. He uses a thumb to brush over the back of tenderly and then squats by the bed, eyes raking over me in worry.

"Does it hurt?"

Like a bitch.

"Just a little." I decide on instead. "How come you're here?"

A stupid question I guess. Why wouldn't he come to visit his girlfriend on a Saturday? Then again, we see each other everyday. If it were anyone else I'd want some space right about now. But Namjoon is different. No matter how much time I spend with him I always want to see him more. The minutes and hours seem to get shorter when I'm with him, and longer when we're apart.

I know today will be just the same. Eventually he will have to leave and I'll miss him like crazy...he's such a good boyfriend. And person...I like him so much, I think I might be-

"Are you crying?!" If Namjoon was panicked before, he's over the top now.  "What happened Who did it? I'll kill them!" he declares with fire in his eyes.

This proclamation brings back a memory that leaves me giggling once more, still with tears rolling down my cheeks and probably making me look completely deranged. Fuck it. I am deranged.

"If any other wolf touches you, I would annihilate them."

There's a good few minutes where I'm laughing like a maniac and Namjoon is staring at me worriedly as Steve aggressively headbutts him for attention. Eventually I calm down and pat the bed for him to sit next to me. After sending me another concerned look he sits down, sighing when Steve follows and squeezes his ass in-between us.