Chapter 32: Comfort Me Fluffy

1,000 pounds=553 kilograms

🐈 🐈 🐈

Mate is sad! Fix it! Fix it now! I'm trying, believe me.

I really am. Today was the first time I've ever seen Y/n this way. There was twice before where I'd seen her tears. The first time she'd been afraid because BooBoo was hurt, the second time she'd been scared again, but neither of those occasions compared to now.

Today she's scary. Scarier than usual. There's an unmistakable emotional roller coaster she's riding on and I have no choice but to ride along it with her if I want to stay in her presence.

On a normal day, her mood ranges from grumpy to happy, and will stay in that range, sometimes venturing into the middle ground that is 'tolerating but will bite'. Occasionally I get to see her playful side, where she poses the most random, off the wall questions and thinks I'm the odd one for not being able to answer.

The thing is, these moods have a natural flow and I've learned how to decipher when each one is about to appear. But...today is different.

Today, I walk in and she's laughing, then she's crying, then she's laughing. This went from crying and then to a passionate mood of sorts, which was everything I'd ever hoped it would be, though it ended with a well deserved series of kicks to my shin. As masochistic as it sounds, I love when that side of her shows itself. She's strong and opinionated and doesn't hesitate to speak her mind or stand up for herself. Every time I see it I end up adoring her more, something I continue to make the mistake of thinking is impossible.

Mate gives the best kisses. The best.

Since it's always been so easy to fluster her I'd had this idea in my head that she would be timid when it came to kissing. On the contrary, she was the one to take the lead and was far more aggressive than I had pegged her to be. She blushes when I compliment her or remind her of how much I admire her. I was the one blushing when she bit my ear and rolled her tongue experimentally along the back of it, before whispering that dirty, four letter word that had me hot all over and ready to snap.

I don't know why I liked that so much. Most likely because it's her doing it. She could boil me in hot tar and I'd say thank you.

Mate would never do that. Mate likes me. Y/n likes me, she thinks you're weird.

An unhappy rumble sounds inside of my head before my wolf snaps back.

She said I was cute. Actually, she said I was cute before she ever complimented you. You couldn't win her without showing me, remember?

...Oh...You're right.

She's sad, fix it!

Since we stepped out of the vet's office, Y/n had been irregularly silent. What they had said in there was obviously bothering her, but she hadn't said a word about it. If she wanted to talk about it, I know she would, so I don't pressure her. The problem with that is, I don't know what to say. How do I fix this? I can't. What would make it better would be if I could assure her that her cat is alright. I can't do that. I can let her know that I'm here for her, but something tells me that this isn't what she needs to hear.

She needs hugs. Our hugs can help Mate to feel better. Are you sure?

He's probably right. He can sense her feelings better than I can. While he has a sort of sixth sense for it, I depend on judging her facial expressions and thinking over every word she says carefully.

By the time we arrive back at her home, not one word had been spoken, but the sound of her breathing had evened out somewhat, a sign that she wasn't on the edge of tears anymore. I'm so glad. I hate when she cries. It's the worst thing ever. I'd rather see a hundred different remixes of 'sexy like a porn star' than to see her cry once.