Chapter 26: Hyung!

🐈🐈🐈

Unfortunately, god did not grant my request and I'm still alive and well.

Two seconds after Taehyung's interruption, his wide-eyed form had slammed the door shut and left abruptly, leaving us frozen in place.

My boyfriend's face was still far too close and I remain essentially pinned against the dresser but the moment had passed now, thanks to Tae.

At least for me.

"I'm not done with you." Namjoon's eyes found mine again.

My palm planted itself over his face and pushed him away as a scoff escaped my mouth. "Well I'm done." I'd half expected him to argue but instead his lips formed into a pout and he took a further step back.

Now we stand in awkward silence as I fix the nonexistent wrinkles in my shirt. After some time has passed he's the first to speak.

"Did I go too far?"

I sigh, wondering that myself. I'd asked him to be honest with me and he was. This bout of honesty was stupid and childish, but at least he was honest. And it isn't like I didn't say anything mean back. We both have things to apologize for. But before that, there's a question I need answered. Who was I speaking to? Was it Namjoon, or was it the other side of him? The question sounds crazy but I guess the only way to get it answered is to ask.

"Namjoon..." his head raises to look at me when I call his name. "Just now...who was I talking to?"

His brows come together. "What do you mean?"

"I mean," I pause, suddenly feeling silly for starting this line of conversation but I push on anyway, my curiosity overcoming any feelings of embarrassment. "Sometimes...you're different. Like you were just now."

The both of us blush at the same time and I know without my having to explain it further that he understands what I mean. His head bent, he's now facing the ground when he speaks.

"Did I scare you?"

I mull the question over. On the surface, maybe a little? But when made to think about it, I think I was more unsure of his intentions, rather than being afraid of him. Instinctively I know he won't hurt me, and I suppose that's the 'mate bond' doing it's magic. The thing I don't like is that he's so easily jealous and I'd like to know why, if there is an answer to that question.

"No." I answer simply and a ghost of a smile crosses his features before disappearing again.

"You were speaking to me." he says. "You're always speaking to me. Even during the full moon when my wolf took control, it was me. My wolf side...it's just another side me, an extension of my own personality, an exaggerated version of it, you could say. We are separate, but the same."

The admission seems to embarrass him and I have to swallow a giggle at how cute he is. However I push that thought away so I can try to understand him better. "Namjoon...You're my boyfriend. I chose you. There's no need to get jealous. I never even think of Jin until I see him. I agree that he's handsome, but even when he said that earlier I was thinking of you. Besides, Jin doesn't have dimples so even if I was single, I wouldn't look his way twice."

Clearly pleased by these words, his previously agitated features smooth out and a smile stretches across his face. But just as quickly he drops his head in shame. "It's part of being werewolf...I'm really possessive. Well—we all are, but I might be the worst. I don't like that part of myself so I'll apologize as many times as I need to. Just know that you have to tell me if it upsets you or if I take it too far." he looks at me seriously. "You aren't allowed to be unhappy." his mouth opens once more as if there's something else he wants to say, but he holds back. "I like you. Too much to lose you."