Chapter 30: Don't Call Me That

🐈🐈🐈

Although our first kiss didn't even come close to having a fairy tail ending, that doesn't mean that we didn't enjoy it. In fact, we were all over each other's faces for the next ten minutes.

I'd like to say it was a wonderful and exciting time where our young hearts were blooming with love—or some other poetic shit Namjoon would say.

Instead, it turned out to be a shoving match. First it was me shoving him into a wall and crushing my mouth to his. Then it was him shoving me onto the bed, wanting to take things further as his hands traveled to places they had no passport for. This led to me shoving him off the bed and kicking him in the shin. Three times cause the horn dog kept trying to grab me.

Romantic, right?

That all resulted in a very boring talk about our feelings and relationship, which was basically Namjoon asking for forgiveness in a very round-a-bout way. All I wanted to do was make out and not have him sticking his hands under my shirt. Is that so much to ask for?

After a lengthy conversation where we set ground rules for each other (I'm not allowed to whisper 'slut' in his ear while biting his earlobe anymore. Don't ask.), we once again fell into each other's arms. Some of the time it was innocent nose bumps and little chaste kisses here and there. But that was enough to satisfy.

It had to be. After hearing bits of our argument, dad had ordered us to sit on the couch and every now and then would walk by with eyes zeroed in on the back of Namjoon's head. Seems cute boys couldn't do 'anything' in his house after all.

The television was playing just a little too loud, enough to cover our voices and keep dad from eavesdropping on our conversation successfully.

We both sat at opposite ends of the sofa, the space between us lessening inch by inch in a cautionary manner, only for the closeness gained to be lost every time dad poked his head into the room. Namjoon would smoothly retreat back to his original position with the most innocent look on his face, leaving me stunned. I didn't know 'smooth' and destructive, clumsy 'Namjoon' could be used in the same sentence.

"You're very cool today," I offered a compliment, but couldn't help but to tease him, "oppa."

A bright red blush spread across his face and to the roots of his hair, but he looked more pleased than embarrassed. Dark eyes flitted to my own and promised retribution, sending a pleasant chill down my spine. I turned my head at the exact same second dad was passing by the open doorway and staring at Namjoon.

"Dad, what's for lunch?"

Head jerking in my direction, he blinked in a surprise. His mouth opened as if he were going to answer, but then he suddenly froze and looked at his watch. "Y/n, I forgot. BooBoo has his checkup today."

"What?" I questioned in surprise. I don't remember this at all. How could I forget? I'm a TERRIBLE cat mother! "When?"

"Thirty minutes."

"Dad! What the fu-"

The doorbell rang and dad froze up all over again as worried eyes glanced at his watch. "Shit-I forgot I have a date, too."

I'm so annoyed. Not that dad is forgetting everything, or that I have to go to the vet, or that stupid Ronald is now entering the house and I have to see his face, or that Namjoon just fell off the couch for absolutely no reason, but that going out means that I have to put my bra back on. Fuck this life. Fuck whoever created bras.

Grumbling like a child, I step over Namjoon's body and stomp up to my room and put that torture contraption back on.

I look like a complete slob in sweat pants, hoodie and messy ponytail, but at least I have a bra on. Are you happy now, society?!?