1 | Back from the dark

New York | 2017
Lisa's POV

Five straight hours in the operating room, two days unconcious, Lisa finally woke up. It was all black. Well probably nothing's new. She only sees dark for the past three years of her life. She felt a headache but she remained calm.

The silence was broken when her mother spoke.

"Lisa my dear, are you awake?" her mother spoke softly.

"Is it all over? Why is it still dark?" She asked with a hint of being worried in her voice.

Lisa's mom chuckled "Honey, you have bandages and dressings all over your face but don't worry your father called the doctor already"

Lisa smiled in relief.

It was not long until the doctor came. "We will check on her for the last time before we take off those bandages."

The doctors checked Lisa and after an hour, the doctor started to remove the bandages.

Strip per strip, Lisa groaned as she felt a sting on her eyes. But as soon as the last piece of bandage left her eyes, she was blinded by the blurry bright light she saw. After a couple of seconds, she started seeing a figure and as it goes on, she saw her mother crying in tears of joy along side with her father.

"I...I can see you."

Before it gets more emotional the doctor spoke.

"Miss Manoban you will have to wear glasses for a while to protect your eyes. We don't want new damages into it. I say we'll let you stay for just three more days and if no odd symptoms shows, you are free to go". The doctor smiled and shook hands with her and then left the room.

Lisa hugged her mom and dad. Then there was loud bang in the room which startled them.

"YOOOOO YOOO LALISA" Jisoo yelled at the top of her lungs not even being shy to Lisa's parents.

Jisoo is Lisa's bestfriend . She decide to visit Lisa here in New York .

Then here came Seulgi carrying all the bags that Jisoo left her with. But as soon as she saw Lisa, she came screaming.

"LALISAAAAA LONG TIME NO SEE YOU BICH!"

Lisaa smiled and cry in tears. The last time she saw these people in her room was three years ago. A lot has changed.

"Ya Lalisa can you now see my wonderful face?" Jisoo said while grinning.

Seulgi scoffed " You know Lisa eversince her girlfriend said yes to her, she started being like that"

"You have a girl? Daebak I thought you would be an old grumpy grandma with five dogs"

All of them laugh.

Lisa's mom and dad went out to buy food for the them. While the three was left there chitchatting, Lisa for the first time again in three years, wanted to see herself.

"Hey can you help me stand? I want to see myself." Lisa said softly

"Seulgi help her." Jisoo was busy watching cooking videos on new chicken recipe.

Seulgi then helped Lisa stand up and go to the mirror near the table.

Lisa took a deep breath as she walk to the mirror. She was shocked by her look.

"Damn I look bad. Is this how I looked for the past few years?"

"Well you didn't have enough time to fix yourself after you went...you went.." Jisoo said in a low voice, she cant even finish her words.

Seulgi remained silent while caressing Lisa's back.

"Hey people cheer up, It's alright everything's fine now." Lisa smiled.

The three of them had a group hug.
Lisa's parents came with her younger sister Tzuyu. After noticing them they broke the hug and Lisa immediately run and hug her sister.

"Damn girl you need a glow up." Tzuyu said.

Lisa had no time on making her self look good because she does not go out alot after what happened to her. Well for the past few years she looked not so well.

Three days have passed and Lisa was discharged.

Jisoo and Seulgi went back to Korea, they stayed in New York for two weeks with Lisa.

After a month Tzuyu, went home to Korea also.

Lisa stayed in New York for two more years.

She became a well known photographer. Alot of magazine companies collaborated with her and she got tons of awards. She became the top photographer not only in the company but also around the world. She also directed award wining movies. Lisa was at her peak.

New York | 2019
Lisa's Cut

*RINGG!!!! RINGGGGG!!!*
Lisa's phone rang. She was very annoyed because she was disturb from her beauty sleep.

"Who is it?" Lisa answered in a cold tone.

"Uhhh? Miss Manoban? This is Miss Nayeon's secretary, a friend of your sister Miss Tzuyu. Miss Nayeon's company is a ver-."

Before the secretary could even finish her sentence, Lisa immediately cut her off.

"BLA BLA BLA  just go to the main point ok? You called me in the middle of my sleep and I dont think I can sleep again. So you better make sure the news you're telling me is worth it ok?" She said in an annoyed and cold tone.

"Miss Manoban we are inviting you for a collaboration under Miss Nayeon's Company." The secretary said shyly.

"Korea?" Lisa asked still in a cold voice.

"Yes Miss Manoban."

"I'll think of it.. I'll call you for approval."

Other side of the Phone...

As the call ended the secretary sighed at her boss.

"Well how did it went?" Nayeon asked.

"She said she will call us back for approval" Nancy replied. *she is the secretary*

"Well that means no Nayeon." Tzuyu sighed. " You cannot make her return to Korea." she added.

Lisa became cold after a week she got discharged from the hospital. She may be in a different condition now, but the pain of the past remains.

Until now she remained cold as ice.