27 | Two Heartbreaks in a Row

It was passed 5 p.m. Jongin was inside his car, parked outside the airport, hands gripping the steering while staring blankly outside.

By this time, Krystal's flight has departed. He wasn't able to see her, or should we say not allowed. Unfortunately, he had to lie to Lisa to give her a good excuse of letting her off alone.

This is not new for him. But he didn't expect it to happen earlier than he thought.

Last night | Yacht Party
Kaistal's Cut

Jongin was in the middle of a Beerpong competition with his boss, Baekhyun. He was on his final shot when he felt a hand softly grabbing his arm.

He put down the cup and softly smile at the person. He was a bit tipsy making his cheeks red with a touch of his brown messy hair.

"Jongin..mind if we talk?"

"Yes Krystal..let's go." He signaled a goodbye to Baekhyun, making him groan in annoyance for being disatisfied with their competition.

She brought him outside, where there was silence. Just them under the night sky, feeling the cold breeze of the sea.

There was silence. They we're looking at the sky while enjoying each other's company.

Jongin was so lost in his thoughts. He was ready to let go of everything. He was already picturing a future with Krystal which made him smile.

"Jongin?" Krystal called him softly.

He looked and flinched when Krystal snapped a photo of him. They both chukled by his reaction.

Jongin hugged Krystal from behind. Krystal felt relaxed and melt in his warm embrace. They stayed like that while glancing at the night sky. He closed his eyes and gave a sigh. "I'm planning to stay like this forever..Krystal." He whispered to her.

He suddenly felt Krystal releasing her self from his embrace. He was confused by the sudden action but he didn't protest and let her move out of his arms. The mood changed. Jongin felt the cold air touching his skin as Krystal moved away and faced him with an uneasy look.

"Jongin..." She spoke. She was looking down as she held Jongin's hands.

"Y-yes?" Jongin was worried by the sight of Krystal.

"Thank you." This time she looked up. Tears was formed in her eyes.

"H-hey...don't cry.." Jongin wiped Krystal's tears with his thumbs, however, she softly moved his hands away.

"Thank you for giving me a chance..again. Thank you for giving me your heart once again...Thank you." Sincerity was seen in her eyes as those words left her mouth.

Jongin smiled as he hear those words.

"But...I can't stay. We have our own lives now."

And that's when he felt his heart shattering into pieces.

He sighed. He knew they can't be together. The time he met Krystal again, he knew this would come.

"I know..." The fact that Krystal is going to leave made his heart ache even more.
"But can't we just atleast try."

Krystal couldn't lie to her self. A part of her still believes that they could work again. But what's the point? She left her back then just so she can follow her dreams. And now, Jongin is owned by someone else.

"Jongin...You have Jennie."

'Shit. Jennie..' He said in his thoughts.