EP. 8 - Revealed

Krillin hurriedly changed the channel to capture other reports of similar incidents. Screams and gun fires were continuously heard until they suddenly stopped. The channel was changed again until a formal report was spoken. "It seems like it's some kind of creature causing all this trouble," Krillin turned to Trunks.

Trunks nodded. "Yeah. We found its shell near the time capsule." Niya raised a brow at him, but he didn't turn to her. He brought out a capsule box and stared at intently before closing it. "I've got to go to Ginger Town now," he told them, heading for the door. 

Without thinking, Niya grabbed his wrist and stopped him. "Wait! I'll go with you!"

Trunks' eyes slightly widened at the outburst. "Niya, they need you here to help protect Goku against the Androids--"

"Kusuke is here, too!" Niya insisted. "He's strong. He can form a barrier for added safety. And besides, if this has to do with time travel, then I should take responsibility, too. So, I'm going with you!" She tightened her grip on his wrist as she kept her wide, onyx eyes locked with his baby blues. 

Trunks simply stared at her in thought. If the threat was potentially dangerous, he wouldn't want her to get hurt.

Kusuke crossed his arms. "Aren't you guys like a team or something? Go and check it out. We'll be okay here, right guys?" 

Krillin, Yamcha, and Gohan wore worried expressions, however. "We don't know what kind of creature we're up against," Krillin frowned. "It might get pretty dangerous."

"Yeah," Yamcha agreed. "If you guys are going, make sure to not try anything foolish. We still need you guys to fight the Androids."

After a moment, Trunks gave in. "Alright. We're going." Niya smiled and let go of his wrist. "And don't worry. We'll be fine. We are super saiyans, after all," Trunks assured them. 

"Right!" Niya nodded and followed her best friend out the door. "See ya later, guys!" she smiled at the group in Kame House. Then, she and Trunks blasted off.

Niya couldn't contain her curiosity, and decided to ask him about his trip with Gohan and Bulma. "So, there was really another time machine?"

Trunks glanced at her and nodded. Dread sunk into his stomach again. "Yeah. But that's not the worst part. It turned out that the time machine had landed in this timeline four years ago. Inside the machine, was this strange sort of egg popped in two. Gohan found a shed of a creature not too far from the old time machine. Whatever came out of that egg must have left that shed."

Niya's eyes widened at the horrific discovery. "How did that egg even get into the time machine? Who put it there and why? Oh, this is getting more and more confusing..."

"I know," Trunks sighed. "And I can't help but feel that we're to blame for this. Everything is playing out so differently, and it's all because we decided to time travel."

Niya was silent for a moment. "Maybe. But, Trunks, we're doing a good thing. Goku is still alive, his friends and your father are still alive, and my family is okay, too. We can do this, we have to. We can't let this timeline turn out like ours..." She saw Trunks flinch at her last sentence, and she regretted saying it. "Trunks, I--"

"No," he cut her off, "You're right. There's no way I'm going to let this timeline suffer through what we did -- through what we are suffering with." He clenched his fists and tightened his jaw. 

The two became silent. It was a heavy silence, the air filling with tension between them.

× × ×

After a while, at Kame House, Kusuke perked his head up from where he was sitting. "Hey, you sense that, Gohan?"

Beside him, the boy stood and looked out the window. "Yeah. I was just about to say something. It feels like Mr. Piccolo..."