EP. 26 - Defeat

They were gone.

Goku had used his Instant Transmission to take Cell and himself away from Earth.

There was a defeaning silence and coldness that filled the air around them.

"He's gone," Piccolo told them solemnly. "Goku's ki is gone..."

Krillin sank to his knees, mourning his best friend and crying out, "Goku!"

The others mourned in their own way. Piccolo had his head hung, Yamcha wiped his eyes, Tien silently mourned, and Vegeta stood staring in surprise. 

The couple turned to Gohan, who cried out for his father and pounded the ground, sobbing. They furrowed their brows, wearing somber looks. Even in that timeline, Goku would die yet again.

"Poor Gohan," Niya mumbled to her husband.

"Yeah," Trunks somberly agreed. "But it's over. Goku gave his life for us."

"And Kusuke," Niya reminded, gripping his shirt.

Trunks nodded and rubbed her shoulder. "Yeah. He did, too." He eyed Kusuke's body, which was still leaning against the boulder, lifeless.

"DAD!" Gohan cried out. He pounded the ground, "No! No...!" He continued to sob for his deceased father.

Soon, Krillin composed himself and began to go over to the teen.

As he did so, Niya pulled away from Trunks and began towards her brother. She gave a sad smile as she stood in front of him. She leaned down to carry him, but her eyes widened at something a few feet away.

Trunks had made his way over to help but stopped curiously and wondered what she was looking at. Then, he too saw.

Sparking just a few feet away was a cracked, metal head. Half of its face was missing, revealing metal and wires instead of bones and veins. Its blue eyes met theirs, its red hair swaying in the wind.

"He-Hello," he greeted in his monotone, mechanical voice. His voice was glitchy.

"Sixteen!" Niya was taken aback and went over to carry his head. "You're alive!"

"Y-Yes," Android 16 replied. "Although I am ba-re-ly functioning, I am s-still alive."

Niya smiled and hurried back over to Trunks with him.

"What are you doing?" Trunks questioned with a slight frown.

Niya sighed, "He's a good Android. I couldn't just leave him there." She knew Trunks could never be kind to an Android, but it didn't stop her from trying to help one.

Trunks held a sigh and turned to her brother to carry his body. "Okay. I'm guessing you're going to take him to my Mom?"

Niya nodded, "Yep. If anyone can help him, it's her and your Grandpa."

"Sure. I guess I can't stop you," Trunks shrugged.

Niya turned to see Krillin carrying 18's body. "Oh, look. Krillin is helping that Android, too," she curiously commented.

Trunks stared in confusion but was tense. The idea of saving any Android was insane. "Yeah. He is."

× × ×

"Woah," Kusuke eyed up and flicked his golden halo.

"Heh, I'm real sorry you ended up dead, too," Goku commented.

They, along with with King Kai -- the North Kai of the Universe, Bubbles -- a monkey, and Gregory -- a cricket sprite, were flying down Snake Way. Once they died, Goku went to look for Kusuke so he wouldn't be alone. It was a good thing Kusuke was able to keep his body.