EP. 16 - Emotions

After a while, the saiyan time traveler calmed down and fell asleep from emotional and physical exhaustion in her father's arms. Natu looked down at her and gently cleaned the dried tears from her face. He let out a quiet sigh as he rested his head against hers, his heart hurting for her.

"She's sure had it rough, huh?" Kusuke commented weakly in the silence. He hated knowing that his little sister had gone through so much misery and despair.

"It seems that way," Natu replied quietly. Although he had only known Niya, both of them, for a few days, he loved them unconditionally. Even knowing the Androids would awake, he waited ecstatically for his second child to arrive. And when he found his newborn to be a girl, he couldn't wait to spoil his little princess, to make her laugh, to make her smile, to make sure she was safe, to make sure she was happy. So it pained him deeply to know in some timeline, he couldn't do those things. His princess had suffered and was still suffering. He would do anything to ease her pain, and if it meant holding her, he would gladly do it as long as she needed.

The males were snapped out of their thoughts as a knock on the wall made them turn their attention to the petite green-eyed saiyan. She held out their house phone, "Kusuke, it's Chi-Chi. She's asking for you."

"Oh," Kusuke stood and reached for the phone, "Thanks, Auntie."

Ken-La smiled and left to the kitchen.

"Hello?" Kusuke placed the phone to his ear. "Oh, really? ... You think he would? ... Well, okay. What time? ... Oh, okay, sure. That sounds good... Alright, cool. See ya then." Then he hung up.

Natu gave Kusuke an expectant look as he stood. "And what did Chi-Chi say?"

"Oh, right!" Kusuke chuckled and turned to him. "Turns out Goku and Gohan are out of that Time Chamber room. Chi-Chi told me Gohan's having this little birthday party today, so she invited me to go. That's okay, right?"

Natu gave a curt nod. "Of course. Make sure you get Gohan something. He's a nice kid. And say hello to him and his family for me, alright?"

"Yeah, gotcha!" Kusuke smiled and hurried out of the lodge to find Gohan a present.

Natu sighed as his son left and laid his head back down against his daughter's. The fate of the world would be determined in nine days. Everything felt unreal. But what was real was then and there. He was at home with his family. That thought put him to rest, and his eyes drooped down shut.

× × ×

"Hey!"

They refused to wake.

"Hey, hey! Get up!" the tiny voice insisted, shaking them.

Natu opened an eye and saw a little boy with wildly messy, wavy onyx hair and piercing, slightly narrowed blue eyes. He had climbed onto the sofa and was bouncing on it, tugging on Niya's clothes. Once he saw Natu was staring at him, he stopped and hurried to hide behind the sofa arm rest. His tiny hands gripped the arm rest as his scared eyes peaked at the man.

Niya only gripped her father tighter as she groaned. Natu chuckled and sat up, smiling at the boy. "Hey there, don't be scared. I'm not going to hurt you. Come 'ere." He patted the spot next to Niya.

The boy shook his head and hid completely.

Natu chuckled and patted the saiyaness in his arms. "Hey, Niya? I think this little guy wants to talk to you."

"Hm?" Niya shifted in arms and yawned. She pulled away from him and stretched. She groggily rubbed her eyes and blinked around, her wavy hair poofed. "Huh?"