EP. 13 - Perfect

Cell, on the other hand, was searching a group of islands for Android 18. He began blasting the islands in hopes of making 18 give herself up. But little did he know that the destruction was bringing Vegeta and Trunks right to him.

× × ×

Once Goku and Gohan entered the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and the others wished them luck, the group returned to the near the edge of the Lookout. Piccolo and Tien seemed to be waiting somewhat impatiently for Vegeta and Trunks to reach the murderous Cell. 

Meanwhile, Kusuke turned to Niya, who set down Niko, and he went to go play with Bulma and her baby. She bit her thumb and crossed her other arm as she stared out towards the edge of the Lookout with furrowed brows. He could tell she was worried. 

"Hey, sis?" 

Niya snapped out of her worry and turned to him, moving her thumb away to cross both of her arms. "Yes?" 

"Mind telling me more about that form you used earlier?" Kusuke asked with serious eyes. 

Niya lightly shook her head. "I can't say much because I don't remember it. I'm sorry."

Tien, not too far from them, overheard and turned to Kusuke. "I saw the whole thing. What do you need to know about it?"

Kusuke nodded in appreciation. "Thanks. So, how did it feel?"

Tien proceeded to tell him that he couldn't sense it, but he could feel some pressure in the air. Then, Kusuke asked how the Red Jewel looked like. Tien specifically remembered that the jewel was not glowing, and he found it strange. Kusuke rubbed his chin as he gazed at the tiled floor, deep in thought. 

Niya became worried at his silence. "Kusuke? Do you know what that form is?" Her, along with Tien and now Piccolo, were waiting for Kusuke's response. 

Kusuke looked up at her. "I have a theory, but only because this has been a legend for so long," he began. After she remained silent, Kusuke continued. "I believe that you were possessed by Lady Ayata's soul."

The human and the Namekian were confused, but Niya gasped. 

"Lady... Ayata?" Tien questioned. 

Kusuke nodded. "That's right. She was the first one to wear the Red Jewel -- our ancestor from over two hundred years ago. She created the Phases we use, and was considered a Goddess from how powerful she became when the jewel fell into her possession," he explained. "But when she went out in space, she never returned, except for that jewel that appeared to her daughter. Legend has it that her soul became trapped in that jewel and only her reincarnation could set her free." 

He turned to Niya once more. "That transformation was exactly how Lady Ayata was drawn to look like," he told her. "The only explanation would be that you're her reincarnation."

Niya's eyes widened. "Me...?"

Kusuke nodded. "She must have felt you dying and took possession of your body to save you. I've never heard of that happening to any of our other ancestors."

"A Goddess?" Piccolo questioned, as he and Tien were taken aback. 

"Supposedly," Kusuke crossed his arms. "That would explain why Niya couldn't use the form for long. Suddenly having so much strength must've taken a toll on her body."

Niya pulled her hair back, speechless. She took a deep breath before asking, "How do I use it again?" 

At that, Kusuke seemed surprised. "I... I'm actually not sure. It seemed to work when you were in serious danger."