EP. 27 - Home

Everyone stared intently at the scene before them. The ground had dented and shaped from the Kamehamehas. They all looked so miniscule in comparison to vast dents the energy from Cell and Gohan had created. But that didn't matter. The fight had been fought, and they had won. Cell was no more. Still, they were shocked. The day had been filled with many surprises and close calls. 

"He... did it?" Piccolo was stunned. In his arms, was Niya, as Trunks had given her over to him in a hurry before he and his father attacked Cell.

It took a moment before they started celebrating.

"YEAH, WE DID IT!" Yamcha threw up a celebratory fist in the air. It caused him to recklessly lose balance of Kusuke in his arms, and he almost slipped out. "Woah!" Yamcha sheepishly hurried to catch him. 

Trunks let out a relieved sigh and turned to Piccolo. "Thank you for holding her," he gave an appreciative look. "I'll take her back now so you can help Gohan." 

Piccolo blinked before turning to Trunks and handing Niya over. It seemed he forgot he was even holding her. He nodded, and he was the first one down to the very much exhausted Gohan. The others followed suit, holding bodies and an Android head, except for Vegeta who was empty handed. He, however, remained in the sky.

"Gohan, that was amazing!" Krillin praised, holding Android 18's body. 

"I can't believe we're saved!" Yamcha was still blown away. "We'll take you to Dende right away! He can heal you without any senzu!" 

Piccolo moved to carry Gohan in his arms. The boy wore a tired smile, and the Namekian lightly smiled at him. 

"Alright. Let's go," Piccolo turned his head towards Kami's Look Out, and took off.

The others followed, but Trunks saw his father remaining in place. He lagged behind and flew a bit closer to Vegeta.

"You're not coming?" Trunks asked.

Vegeta gave a snicker and turned away after glancing at Niya's corpse. "Mind your own business. Just go," he replied. "You have your woman to worry about."

Trunks looked down at Niya before nodding. "Thanks for catching her," he said. "And thanks for helping me." A small smile came across his face. His father had his soft side after all.

Vegeta crossed his arms, stilling looking away.

Trunks held Niya closer. "Well, see you later, Dad." It felt strange talking so nonchalantly to his father. Knowing he wasn't going to get an open response, Trunks took his leave as well towards The Look Out.

× × ×

At The Look Out, the siblings' bodies were laid on the ground as well as Android 18's. The teen half-saiyan was quickly healed by his worrisome Namekian friend, Dende, the new Guardian of the Earth.

Once Dende seemed to check on and heal what he could from 18, she snapped her eyes open and quickly jumped to her feet.

Trunks tensed at the sight of her awake. He made sure to stay in front of his wife and brother-in-law's bodies. It was a force of habit to be wary of Androids.

18 got into a defensive stance, and her eyes narrowed at the familiar faces. What were they planning to do with her?

"Hey," Krillin spoke up to greet her. "Relax. You're in Kami's Palace," he assured. "Nothin' to worry about now. Gohan defeated Cell."

"Gohan?" 18 questioned in surprise. She glanced at the teen boy, and he gave a small smile.

"You know, you should be thanking Krillin," Piccolo spoke up. "He took care of you after Cell vomited you out."