EP. 20 - Games

In a flash, it was the following day. The wedding was small but decently elegant, as Trunks and Niya specified they wanted nothing too fancy or too big. Only the Z Warriors, the Son family, the Briefs family, and the Briar family attended.

Just before Niya would walk down the aisle with her father, she peaked between the doors to see the spiky-haired prince arrive and take a seat. She smiled and nodded to her father.

They opened the doors and the ceremony started.

× × ×

"I can't get over how amazing you two look!"

The newly weds blushed with a small smile as Bulma took a picture of them.

Niya's dress was a faint pink that hugged her waist but then flowed out from there. Her breasts were covered, and lace trailed her collar bone and past her shoulders up to her wrists. Flower designs spiraled on the outer layer lace, and a white flower designed headband was pressed just before her pulled up, braided hair. Her diamond earrings matched her engagement ring, and her golden wedding band stood out. Trunks wore an all white suit and a slightly pink tie to match his wife's dress. He too wore a golden wedding band. Both of their hairs had been cut.

"Come on! Don't be so embarrassed! A real smile!" Bulma insisted.

The couple glanced at each other. That was all they needed for a true smile to emerge. Trunks wrapped an around Niya's waist, she placed an arm around his, and then placed her free hand on his chest.

They then smiled at the camera.

× × ×

The next day, the newlyweds spent all day together.

The day after that, Niya went to go train in the Time Chamber once more. During that year, she focused on using the power of the Red Jewel and incorporating it into her fighting. Her natural saiyan energy and the crimson energy mixed and lifted her to new heights.

Once she left the Time Chamber, two days remained before the Cell Games. She figured she had trained enough, and used her remaining time to spend with her family, her new family, her son, and her beloved husband.

× × ×

"Do you really have to go?"

Niya looked down at the small boy with a sad smile. "Yeah," she nodded and tried to pry his hands from her leg.

His eyes were wide and watery. "And Trunks has to go, too...?"

She looked over at her husband.

Trunks was adjusting his white gloves and stepped closer with a sad smile. "Yeah. We both have to go," he told the boy. "But don't worry," Trunks patted his head, "we'll come back."

"You promise?" Niko asked in a small voice.

The couple nodded.

Niya reached down and hugged him. "Be good for grandpa, grandma, and auntie, okay?"

Niko dug his head into her neck, hugging her tight. "... Okay."

When he wouldn't pull away, Niya looked up at her father.

Natu gently pulled him away into his arms as Niya pried his fingers off. "Come on now, kiddo," Natu smiled at him, "They're gonna be alright."

Niko rubbed his eyes, trying to hide his tears. "O-Okay," he sniffled.

Niya smiled at the boy, "Be brave for us."

At that, Niko gave a firm nod.

"And what am I? Chopped liver?" Kusuke pouted.