EP. 19 - Love

The saiyans stood there in each other's arms, enjoying the sweet, gentle kiss that they had both been secretly yearning for.

Niya shut the door behind her and leaned against it. She placed her fingers to her lips, her mind and body wandering back to just moments before.

Trunks had kissed her. They had really kissed...

Niya's face grew warm and she covered her face. She couldn't believe it really happened!

Around the corner, Natu and Ken-La were peeking around the corner at Niya. They eyed each other.

"Is that a good sign?" the Aunt asked.

"Hm. Well. Let's find out," the father cautiously stepped out and towards his future daughter.

"Heyyy," he began, Ken-La following carefully behind him, "everything go okay?"

Niya peeked from her fingers before lowering her hands. Her face was warm but her lips curled into a smile. "He... kissed me! He kissed me!" Her voice was ecstatic, and her father and Aunt matched her energy.

"He did have it in 'im!" Natu grinned and pulled Niya into a tight hug, lifting her off the ground.

Ken-La chuckled and wore a smile, "Congrats! I'm happy it worked out!" Despite meaning to shout, her voice was still soft.

Once she was set down, Niya smiled brightly at them. "Thank you! I...," she couldn't express her elation. She covered her face again and squealed.

"Wait, and where's Trunks?" Natu raised a brow, sensing outside.

Niya uncovered her face. "Oh, he, um, said he had to go talk to someone."

"Did he say when he was going to come back?" Ken-La asked.

"Um," Niya pulled her grown out hair behind her ears. "No. He didn't."

Natu crossed his arms. "Huh. I wonder what's up with him."

"Anyways," Ken-La clapped her hands together, "if Trunks is going to come back, we need to to get you dressed up."

"Oh, um, I don't think that's--" Niya began, holding up her hands.

"Nonsense," Ken-La shook her head and grabbed her niece's arm, leading her away. Before rounding the corner with the protesting Niya, Ken-La turned to Natu. "If Trunks comes back before we're done, tell him to wait, please," she smiled innocently and turned the corner.

Natu chuckled and turned to his grandson, who was on the couch, thoroughly enjoying one of Kusuke's gaming devices. "I guess it's just you and me for a while, kiddo," he sat down next to Niko.

"Huh?" Niko looked up at him.

"Your mom's busy with your Aunt, your grandma's with the baby, Kusuke is training in that strange room, and we're just... here," Natu patted Niko's head as the boy rested his head on his grandfather's lap.

Natu smiled at him, despite the boy continuing to play his game. "You cool with that?"

Niko glanced at his grandfather before pausing the game. "Yeah," he gave a small smile. "Do you wanna play, too?"

"Oh, sure! I'm not very good, though," Natu laughed.

"That's okay," Niko smiled and sat up against him. "Here! When you play, you gotta do this, and this, and this. Oh! But when you wanna fight, you press these! Oh! And...!"

Although Natu wasn't sure even with the boy's instructions, he still played along.

× × ×