EP. 12 - Struggle

Cell smiled to himself, content. "Ah, yes. I could get used to this."

All eyes were on him, however, he had his back to the Androids. They shook with wide eyes, unable to speak. 18 had just lost her brother...

She stared at the Semi-Perfect Cell, and it rolled its newly colored blue eyes to her, boring into her.

16 spared no time. "He wants you, 18! We must go!" He snatched her arm, Niko, and took off running with them.

Even so, Cell wasn't too worried. They couldn't defeat him before, how could they now? He chuckled in amusement at their fruitless efforts.

The Semi-Perfect Cell crouched down, in a runner's position, and took off flying after them. He caught up in a heartbeat. "Nuh Uh Uh," Cell chastised, blocking their escape.

Despite the power difference, 16 stood in front of 18 and Niko. Cell's frown curled into a smile at 16's futile action.

"You can't escape me. It's over," Cell's deep voice boomed. "You had a slim window of opportunity to defeat me, but now, it's too late."

Watching from above, Tien contemplated how he would stall Cell from absorbing Android 18.

Cell admired his complexion in a puddle. He seemed pleased, then eyed 18, imagining how his next transformation would look like. But as he turned to the grieving Androids, he met 16's fist to his face.

There was no effect -- not even a wince. But his tail swayed from side to side in displeasure.

He frowned deeply and groaned, but then burst into laughter as 16 pulled away.

Cell continued his chuckling as he held his hand up to 16's chest.

"16, no!" 18 cried. "Watch out!"

Cell formed a blue energy sphere and shot it at 16. He was hit and was sent flying, landing as a puff of dust.

18 turned to her friend to see if he was alright. He managed to sit up, revealing the right side of his head partially missing a good chunk.

"So Android 18, it's your turn," Cell smirked. "Come here!"

"I'm not listening to anything you say!" 18 shouted. She was almost at the brink of tears. "Look at what you've done! You're a monster!" She finally faced him, furious.

Niko clung fearfully on her leg.

Cell was simply amused. "Ah, fiesty."

"Why don't you just go back to wherever you came from?" the blonde spat.

"I am on the verge of becoming a God! What do you think?" Cell chuckled. "I'll leave?"

At this point, their game of tag had grown tiresome. "My dear Android," Cell began, "When will you understand that you belong to me?" He licked his newly formed purple lips.

18 only frowned at him.

"Well?" the bug-man smirked. "Shall we get started?" He made his way over to her. "Just relax. You know the routine." All 18 could do was back up with each step Cell took towards her.

"Stay where you are," the blonde Android commanded. "I'm warning you. One step closer, and I'll detonate!" She placed a black gloved hand over her chest.

Taken aback, Cell halted. "Extinguish yourself? You wouldn't dare. Not with the boy, surely."

18 frowned. She grabbed Niko's shirt collar and tossed him a few feet to the side. Her hand returned to hovering over her chest.