5

You couldn't help the smile you wore as you moved around the kitchen after that. Normally you'd still be in tears but Bakugo had managed to remind you of all the good times you had with your mother.

You were only cooking for a few minutes when the music you were playing on your phone paused and the text chime filled the room.

I still think this is stupid but I'm home the text read.

Regardless, I appreciate you letting me know. Thanks again for the company. You replied.

Yeah whatever.

See you tomorrow hedgehog

You snickered at your reply before turning your music back on and finishing the curry.

There were a few containers set out on the table for your friends dishes when the curry was finished and more beside them for yourself and your father for a few days. Satisfied with yourself you placed everything in the refrigerator for safekeeping then headed to the bathroom to clean up for the night.

"Uraraka!" You called your friend as you hurried to catch up to her the next morning. "Sorry I'm late, I had to pack up the curry," you explained showing off the bag of containers you held.

"Don't worry about it Y/N," she smiled. "I've had your curry before, it's totally worth waiting for you!"

"Thanks," you blushed.

"Say, I saw you leave school with Bakugo yesterday," she started slowly, poking her fingers together nervously. "Didn't you go see your mom?"

What would I do without you Uraraka? You smiled. "I did. That grumpy hedgehog had to pick some stuff up from the market for his mom and he needed help. I saw her after we finished our shopping."

"He went with you?"

"He said his parents would've killed him if he didn't walk me home so he really didn't have a choice because I wasn't about to skip out on seeing her. I go every week," you explained, though you knew she didn't need to be reminded.

"He wasn't mad?"

"I think he was at first until I told him why I was getting the flowers." You shrugged at the pained look she gave you. "He was pretty understanding after that."

"And then he walked you home?" She frowned as if in thought.

You tried and failed to keep the scarlet flush that lit your cheeks at bay. "What's with the fifth degree?" You chuckled. "Yes, Katsuki walked me home last night."

Your friend was quiet as you joined Iida and Midoriya for the remainder of your walk to school. "What's in the bag?" Midoriya asked.

"Curry. I had mentioned making it for tonight for the girls and Kirishima overheard, so I brought some."

"That's a lot of curry for one person," Iida glanced at the bag in your grasp.

"Oh, it's for everyone," you beamed. "I was making so much anyway I figured I'd bring some to share with the whole class."

"Really?" Uraraka nearly shouted. "Y/N, it's been so long since I had your curry last!"

"You really did bring some?" Kirishima left his previous group for yours after hearing the shout.

"Of course," you smiled.

"You're the best Y/N!" He slapped your shoulder.

"I wouldn't go that far but thanks."

Aizawa announced that morning that your class would be taking a field trip for rescue training the following Monday. You were more than excited to show off your quirk. This is exactly the type of scenario you would thrive in.

"Hey, Jiro," you caught up to her after class. "Are you excited for the rescue training next week?"

"I wouldn't say excited," she thought for a moment. "But I'm looking forward to it."

"You can use your earphone jacks to hear movement, right?" You stumbled over your question awkwardly trying desperately not to be weird.

"I can!" Jiro smiled. "It's awesome!"

"That would be so cool! You could totally be a spy or something with your quirk."

When it was time for lunch you hurried to the teachers lounge and knocked softly on the door. "Aizawa," you bowed when he opened the door. "I came to get the curry."

"Yeah, it's over there, bottom shelf," he pointed over his shoulder.

"Thank you, Aizawa."

You were in and out quickly making your way back to the classroom with the food. "Momo?"

"Already on it," she extended her arm behind her to show you a few microwaves she'd created.

"You're amazing Momo," you beamed before beginning to pass out the curry.

You could already smell the food cooking by the time you reached the last couple of your classmates. "Toru, Mineta, enjoy," you smiled at them before frowning into the bag. Two containers. You glanced around the room taking a headcount before realizing who was missing.

"Uraraka, I'll be back," you handed her the bag. "If Katsuki comes in will you text me." She nodded but you were almost certain you were going to find him before he joined everyone else.

Sure enough you found him sitting at his usual spot in the cafeteria. Alone. You slid onto the bench across from him.

"What do you want hummingbird?" He practically growled.

"I brought curry," you started, staring at your hands clasped in front of you. "Everyone is back in home room having some."

"So?"

"So, why don't you come back with me and have some too?" You flinched at the glare he gave you. "Or sit here by yourself for the remainder of lunch," you sighed and stood. "I just figured I'd extend the offer again."

"Did you find him?" Mina asked when you got back to the room.

You shook your head with a small frown. "No. That's okay though. I can always bring it back for him tomorrow if he doesn't show up," you shrugged as you placed what would've been his portion on his desk just in case.

You were snickering at Kaminari's bad attempt at wowing Momo when movement by the door caught everyone's attention. Bakugo stomped into the room without a word and grabbed the food off his desk.

"I wonder where he's been?" Tsu glanced at you before returning to her food.

"Probably off blowing something up," you guessed.

"I heard that!"

"You were meant to!" You shouted back.

He shot you a look over his shoulder making you smile before being pulled back into the conversation with the girls. "Did you hear me?" Mind asked, waving a hand at you.

"What? No, I'm sorry?" You felt your face heat in embarrassment.

"I asked what you were smiling about," she repeated.

"Oh," you thought quickly. "I'm just happy to see other people enjoying my moms curry recipe." Uraraka's head snapped in your direction, surprise lit her features as you continued. "She used to make it every weekend before she got sick."

Bakugo glanced you when he heard what you said and held you stare for a moment before nodding with a small smile and going back to his food. You bit the inside of your lip when you looked at your own food, trying not to smile like an idiot.