33

Standing before the recently finished building you couldn't help the budding excitement of living more of less on your own. Sure it had taken some convincing on your part, you had gotten hurt a number of times since starting at UA after all, but Uraraka's parents had relented in the end. The dorm would be your new home throughout the remainder of your time with the school.

With everyone's things already brought over you just had to unpack and get yourself comfortable in your room. Glancing over the room assignment you were pleased to see that you, Mina and Uraraka were on the same floor along with Shoji, Kirishima and Bakugo.

"It's open." You tossed the words over your shoulder when you heard the knock. It didn't bother you in the slightest that you had barely started unpacking. You had spent the past twenty minutes standing on your veranda enjoying the view and taking in the fresh air.

"How's the unpacking coming along, Young Y/N?" All Might waved in greeting as he stepped into your room.

"Um, fine?" You glanced at the only open box before you. It was now barely half full of clothes. "Haven't gotten too far yet. What can I help with?" A needle of worry flickered through your mind at seeing, not one, but two of your teachers so soon into the move in process.

"Have you gone to see Recovery Girl yet?" Aizawa's gaze was pointedly directed at your arms.

"No," you shook your head and lifted a shoulder like this was old news. To you it was, having been through this conversation with Momo and Uraraka both that morning. Plunging your hands into the box beside you you went on. "I don't see the point in going to her just to be met with disappointment."

"She can get the healing done and over with."

"She sure can," you agreed as you moved around your room. "But we all know she can only do so much. The scars will remain. You're both welcome to take a seat if you'd like."

"Don't you think you ought to at least have her take a look?" All Might gave you a confused frown. Neither teacher moved to take a seat so you worked around them. No, this conversation wasn't going to stop you from unpacking, even if it would only take an hour or two of uninterrupted work.

"No," you repeated simply. "Fatigue couldn't heal them so why would I waste my time hoping that Recovery Girl will give me different results? I would much rather spend my time studying and training anyway. Besides," you sighed and hung up some clothes. The movement gave yourself a clear look at your arms and their scarred glory. "They're a reminder."

"Have you talked to anyone? About what you went through?" The concern was palpable.

"I don't mean that they're a reminder of the pain. Scars have stories." With a smile you turned from your closet to look at them. "I'll tell a story a thousand times over if it means someone was rescued and able to go back home to their loved ones."

Aizawa gave you a hard look. "You didn't answer his question."

"What is there to talk about?" You heaved an exasperated sigh. "Katsuki is back home. Everyone who went to Kamino is safe. I'm fine."

"You say that a lot." Aizawa was trying to read you, that much was clear to you as he slipped his hands in his pockets.

"If I weren't okay or I felt the need to see Recovery Girl I would say so or just go there myself. Uraraka read me the riot act for two days. I get it. I was reckless. I never should've gone to Kamino with as sleep deprived as I was."

"Even if you were well rested you shouldn't have gone," Aizawa snapped, making you flinch. "You students are just that, students. You don't even have your provisional licenses yet. There was no reason for you to be there."